Good afternoon all!

My cousin came over to let the chickies out this morning, as my mum was away for the night. They were not too sure about her, until she came out with the 'red bowl'.... then she was mobbed hahaha! Treats!

She is taking a video of Mr P crowing hahaha!

michell.JPG

So, while sort of poking fun at PonyPoor about the inevitability of her coming home to chicks I've been keeping something quiet. Now, no, I do not have a broody hen, but, it is not for the lack of trying. When dad was gathering eggs for me the 2 days I was too sick to go outside before Thanksgiving he found them all but Chiquita's nest. When I was able to go back outside I found her, guarding, loving and shrieking over the 2 eggs she had. Angry puff was back, and back in full force. I took the eggs, tossed her out of the nest and have been fighting that hen ever since. She is still laying every other day, but if given the chance will stay on her egg. She also will try to sit on the other hens eggs when she finds them and she knows all the nest spots. It is a constant battle pulling her off eggs. If she cannot find a nest she complains....loudly. When I take eggs out from under her she bites. I know when I got her and for the first 7 months I called her my broken silkie because she never went broody. The poof is not broken anymore.

Caturday Saturday

I guess most of you know that I work in remote locations - usually. But on one project I spent a 'delightful' 6 months in Brandon MB, it's always windy there (migraine climate!).

Well one day I was chatting with our head Welding Inspector, we were discussing our pets, he had 2 wee Yorkies, I had the horses at that time. No chickens. And no cat - though I was telling him I missed having a cat they were so much fun.

Next thing I am working away and a wee kitten gets deposited on my desk...

'What's that?'

'A cat' duh hahaha

'Where did it come from?'

'We heard you missed having a cat - so here enjoy - its a cat'

Well it seems that when our one inspector came into the Yard, and turned off his truck he could hear this meowing - a bunch of them looked under the hood of the truck and there was this wee kitten up behind the passenger side headlight!

They called her Miss Georgette Bootsie. I call her Missy :)

Here she is a kitten - we are getting ready to come home to Ontario... Are we all packed Human?
IMG_20181009_173903.jpg

So, while sort of poking fun at PonyPoor about the inevitability of her coming home to chicks I've been keeping something quiet. Now, no, I do not have a broody hen, but, it is not for the lack of trying. When dad was gathering eggs for me the 2 days I was too sick to go outside before Thanksgiving he found them all but Chiquita's nest. When I was able to go back outside I found her, guarding, loving and shrieking over the 2 eggs she had. Angry puff was back, and back in full force. I took the eggs, tossed her out of the nest and have been fighting that hen ever since. She is still laying every other day, but if given the chance will stay on her egg. She also will try to sit on the other hens eggs when she finds them and she knows all the nest spots. It is a constant battle pulling her off eggs. If she cannot find a nest she complains....loudly. When I take eggs out from under her she bites. I know when I got her and for the first 7 months I called her my broken silkie because she never went broody. The poof is not broken anymore.
She and Marty must be related! I had her for several months before she went broody! Oh she laid an egg most days but wasn't the slightest bit interested in being broody, I had something like 7 hens go broody this past summer and Marty could have cared less!

Then once they were all done she decides Hey I want to sit on eggs! And turned into some demon child! biting, scratching, screaming like something out of The Exorcist.... hahaha

Of course she is!

Cat Photos

Just because it's a great photo.

View attachment 3339843

And this because Enzo decided he wanted to kill some wrapping paper.

View attachment 3339852

The results

View attachment 3339853

Clear through the roll. 🤦‍♂️
Hahaha oh I miss kittens so much fun - and so destructive!
This is my Toy Tree

And all these presents are now mine.

View attachment 3339880

There is a rat in there somewhere. Something is making this tree quiver and shake.

View attachment 3339882
OH and yes climbing the Christmas tree! I was lucky with Missy, I came home at Christmas and my parents were in Yuma, so no tree that first year thankfully! Or for the next few years... till last year and mum was home due to Covid restrictions and travel.

Up went the tree - and Missy was all agog ! Woohoo! plaything hahaha.

Caturday Saturday

I guess most of you know that I work in remote locations - usually. But on one project I spent a 'delightful' 6 months in Brandon MB, it's always windy there (migraine climate!).

Well one day I was chatting with our head Welding Inspector, we were discussing our pets, he had 2 wee Yorkies, I had the horses at that time. No chickens. And no cat - though I was telling him I missed having a cat they were so much fun.

Next thing I am working away and a wee kitten gets deposited on my desk...

'What's that?'

'A cat' duh hahaha

'Where did it come from?'

'We heard you missed having a cat - so here enjoy - its a cat'

Well it seems that when our one inspector came into the Yard, and turned off his truck he could hear this meowing - a bunch of them looked under the hood of the truck and there was this wee kitten up behind the passenger side headlight!

They called her Miss Georgette Bootsie. I call her Missy :)

Here she is a kitten - we are getting ready to come home to Ontario... Are we all packed Human?
View attachment 3340023
I love your Canada suitcases ❤️

Back
Top Bottom