It is good to be home. Today is sunny and calm and just above freezing so I can sit out and keep the Princesses company.
Per the winter layers discussion I really recommend silk as the first layer - it is warm and light and soft on the skin.
Diana is a mess and could do with some silk longjohns. I see new feathers at the back of her head just behind her comb but I don’t see any sign of a new tail and her body seems to be getting more naked by the day.
She is so funny - she often shakes her tail for some reason, and now without an actual tail she just shakes her whole back end!
I am filling up her feeder with 22% starter feed. I assume that is OK for an adult? She is eating fine but has a lot of feathers to grow.

View attachment 3340596View attachment 3340597View attachment 3340598View attachment 3340599
I think 22% is perfect for her right now!

The happiest little bird around wanted to pop in and say hi.
DSCN9466.JPG
DSCN9467.JPG
DSCN9465.JPG

Me and Rosie committed bird theft earlier and had her in the kitchen for a good hour.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

This is Bernadette. She has these strange feathers. They are like long, fine, silky hairs - like an extended fluff feather but with only the shaft and a few feathery bits at the end.
This is not new - I have noticed them for a while now but hadn't got a good photo to share until today.
She is acting normally - and as you can see it is not all her fluff feathers, but it is not just a couple either.
Any ideas?
Is it worth posting on the illnesses and injuries forum? At this stage it is more a curiosity than a concern - but it would be good to know if someone else has seen it before.
WDYT?

View attachment 3340696View attachment 3340697View attachment 3340698
I think I may have seen this before in my flock, but don’t recall for sure. I personally wouldn’t worry about it and I am a big worrier.

Multi quote will do that for you. I just tested it.

Next to the like button at the bottom of all posts is the +quote that will allow you to quote from another thread into this one.

Then when you go to type your message tap attach quote it will appear next to attach files at the bottom of text box.

Hope that helps!
Ohhh, I’ll gave to try this next time! Accomplish in a different way.

We brought home a cooler full of meat from my in-laws. Dinner tonight: deer sausage egg scramble.
Mum informed me that friends of our gave her some venison, but no moose alas boohoo, she also assured me there would be none left by the time I got home… sheesh!

Food levy
Warm horse poop keeps your feet warm
DF7FAFA5-8CB3-4D73-88B8-E527B9432F01.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom