🎂Happy Birthday Ponypoor! 🎂
Glynda and Betty are so excited that they are having trouble keeping both feet on the ground!
20221205115859.jpg

Everyone please join in and help us to wish Kelly a Happy Bithday!

I’m supposed be going to New Mexico tomorrow, (if it’s clear enough) but I have to watch the unpredictable weather forecast very closely. My idea of soup is ham and split peas, not storm clouds!
Stay smart as I know you will.

@Lexicon This was my first thought too. Second thought was that maybe ice or branches falling on the roof could be scary. Anything overhead?
Nothing much, but I agree that something spooked them.

Yesterday I spread some scratch around on the trails that I shoveled for them and did some cleaning in the coop. A few came to see what I was up to, but eventually everyone huddled outside by the door.

I went into the coop and sat down and they all came in one by one. They weren't making worried noises and took turns drinking from the heated waterer (they just have snow outside) and got settled on the roost, so it went more smoothly at least.

Today the temperature is around 0F, so they won't choose to be outside quite as long most likely unless it warms up a bit.

Nothing much, but I agree that something spooked them.

Yesterday I spread some scratch around on the trails that I shoveled for them and did some cleaning in the coop. A few came to see what I was up to, but eventually everyone huddled outside by the door.

I went into the coop and sat down and they all came in one by one. They weren't making worried noises and took turns drinking from the heated waterer (they just have snow outside) and got settled on the roost, so it went more smoothly at least.

Today the temperature is around 0F, so they won't choose to be outside quite as long most likely unless it warms up a bit.
This is all very interesting 🤔

Monday mugs! The chickens were locked up all morning as we went to buy supplies...to build a second coop! They were very unhappy as we've had two days of rain /snow and then when finally the skies turned blue they were put in jail🙄. Good thing we came back earlier to set them free all afternoon!

Still molting grumpy Nougat but she should be done soon!
View attachment 3341412
Pretty Merle
View attachment 3341413
Cannelle
View attachment 3341414
Blanche (she's my chicken that's not quite right in her head...I guess every flock has one ?)
View attachment 3341415
Piou-piou the tiny bully
View attachment 3341417
With her Gastounet
View attachment 3341416
Hoping you all have a good week and the chickens too!
So hilarious and cute (at the same time) to see Piou-piou with Gastounet :) Love them!

Back
Top Bottom