Could Betty roost with them?
Shra tax

May as well do several pics :D
20221204_150406.jpg
20221204_075013.jpg

And Horus telling off the world: It's cold out here, girls, get BACK INSIDE!
20221204_074951.jpg

They ignored him. The scratch was more interesting.

I’d almost say what they could use would be individually boxed roosts. Like tall nest boxes with roost set into them placed at the high roost level. Nobody can see or reach into a neighbors box.
I think I am just going to leave them to it and not watch. 4 of them could roost but only 3 were allowed tonight. Betty could also go roost in peace in the Cluckle Hut.

Maybe they should all have doors on them so each chicken can barricade themselves in.
Just kidding! I like your idea, but you know they have ways of messing with whatever we come up with!
Don't look Don't tell. That's new policy here. Hopefully I can stick to it.

Probably best to just let Betty sleep in a nest box. But I wondered, how's Betty with Glynda and Lady F? Would it be a demotion to roost there?
Once upon a time she roosted there. She left to get away from Phyllis. Phyllis is everywhere right now. If she would pick one I could put Betty in the other. Lady F and Glynda are so peaceful I am loath to mess with them.

I think I am just going to leave them to it and not watch. 4 of them could roost but only 3 were allowed tonight. Betty could also go roost in peace in the Cluckle Hut.
Sometimes you just can't control things - I have learnt that being out here. Now I just shake my head and mutter under my breath 'chickens, crazy chickens - get along - there is plenty of space, sheesh - really? you pecking your mama? crazy chickens...' hahaha

Back
Top Bottom