My Heart Stopped Tonight

I was out of town and Mrs BY Bob was in charge of roosting tonight. When I got home this is what I saw on the coop camera.

View attachment 3343873

That is Lady Featherington roosted in the main coop. There is no sign of Betty or Glynda. The Cluckle Hut was empty.

After what happened with Legertha when I left her alone with the chickens, well let's say I was really scared. Add to that the fact that Mrs BY Bob was not home when I got home and I had no one to ask. I was worried.

So I suited up and went out. Here is what I found.

View attachment 3343874
Betty was in the nest box behind Hattie.

Lady Featherington seemed quite comfortable in the main coop.

View attachment 3343875

Everyone is ok and I moved Lady Featherington and Glynda back into the Cluckle Hut together.

I have no idea what happened other than possibly they stayed out to late and the door to the Cluckle Hut closed before they went to bed. Lady Featherington chose or was allowed to roost in the main coop and Glynda choose the chair.

Nerve wracking for certain.

I need a drink.
Holy Dinah! You have to have nerves of steel with pets and kids!

Glad everyone is ok though!

Last edited:
There need to be consequences and an apology. Ridiculously inconsiderate.
It’s 11pm a truck is sitting outside my well site music thumping.

I had some dude lurking out behind my place at 9 coughing - I got dressed went out and told him to stop lurking and go away, AND he was smoking pot.

I have had vehicles driving in and backing up with their beepers going, this truck came in about an hr ago - I am ready to get dressed and go out and tell him to buzz off. Also the smell of diesel from running vehicles.

I sent a email to the camp manager at 10pm and told him that I do not feel secure with all this crap going on. I cc’ed the boss and assistant boss.

Not sure what the heck is going on with all this activity but it stops tonight!

It’s 11pm a truck is sitting outside my well site music thumping.

I had some dude lurking out behind my place at 9 coughing - I got dressed went out and told him to stop lurking and go away, AND he was smoking pot.

I have had vehicles driving in and backing up with their beepers going, this truck came in about an hr ago - I am ready to get dressed and go out and tell him to buzz off. Also the smell of diesel from running vehicles.

I sent a email to the camp manager at 10pm and told him that I do not feel secure with all this crap going on. I cc’ed the boss and assistant boss.

Not sure what the heck is going on with all this activity but it stops tonight!
That is all completely rude and inappropriate. You need to set up designated parking areas for trucks, especially ones that come in late, and enforce them.

I don't think I will manage to get thirsty pictures today- I'm coming down with the " cold" my partner kindly shared with me ( likely COVID but since we're not seeing anyone, it's not worth the hour driving to get a test). I've dug up some from the past days and further .
Thank you so much. That means I am successful. That is the voice I was thinking of for her.
What I would like to know (unless you don't want to speak about it) is how you feel about Aurora. And how others who are confronted with real bullies, or fights, feel about it.

I'm asking because I get really angry sometimes at my chicken when they act like this, and I shout at the bully, which of course I regret afterwards. It's just the "chicken way" of course but I find it hard to accept.

Contrary to you it was much easier here when I had only the 6 ex-batts : they grew up together with only very light bullying. Ever since I brought Théo and Chipie in, and then Chipie hatched for us, things seem to have become so complicated.
They take years off your life without even getting into trouble! 😕
They teach us a lesson in letting go, you mean 😁.

Congratulations to both @RoyalChick and @BY Bob for the winning photos 💚!
Merle on Monday. Good thoughts would be appreciated for her- she's been acting off the last two days.
IMG_20221206_083222.jpg

When Gaston was a babe
IMG_20220716_155652.jpg

Vanille (†💚) drinking from the hose in July 2020
IMG_20200823_082407.jpg

And the same summer sharing a water bucket with ...ewes 😝. (Please note this is a big no-no in regard to biosecurity, but it was that or leave the ewes on their own in the mountains with a herd of wolves hanging around.)
IMG_20200701_131051.jpg

I don't think I will manage to get thirsty pictures today- I'm coming down with the " cold" my partner kindly shared with me ( likely COVID but since we're not seeing anyone, it's not worth the hour driving to get a test). I've dug up some from the past days and further .

What I would like to know (unless you don't want to speak about it) is how you feel about Aurora. And how others who are confronted with real bullies, or fights, feel about it.

I'm asking because I get really angry sometimes at my chicken when they act like this, and I shout at the bully, which of course I regret afterwards. It's just the "chicken way" of course but I find it hard to accept.

Contrary to you it was much easier here when I had only the 6 ex-batts : they grew up together with only very light bullying. Ever since I brought Théo and Chipie in, and then Chipie hatched for us, things seem to have become so complicated.

They teach us a lesson in letting go, you mean 😁.

Congratulations to both @RoyalChick and @BY Bob for the winning photos 💚!
Merle on Monday. Good thoughts would be appreciated for her- she's been acting off the last two days.
View attachment 3344104
When Gaston was a babe
View attachment 3344105
Vanille (†💚) drinking from the hose in July 2020
View attachment 3344106
And the same summer sharing a water bucket with ...ewes 😝. (Please note this is a big no-no in regard to biosecurity, but it was that or leave the ewes on their own in the mountains with a herd of wolves hanging around.)
View attachment 3344107
Oh Merle ♥️ ♥️ Please stay well little lady!
And baby Gaston is really very cute.

Back
Top Bottom