So which photo is yours?
Hope this works - I tried the quote function to get it in here.

Edited: Oh, that isn't what I thought would happen. Here it is.....

1670512883941.png

I don't think I will manage to get thirsty pictures today- I'm coming down with the " cold" my partner kindly shared with me ( likely COVID but since we're not seeing anyone, it's not worth the hour driving to get a test). I've dug up some from the past days and further .

What I would like to know (unless you don't want to speak about it) is how you feel about Aurora. And how others who are confronted with real bullies, or fights, feel about it.

I'm asking because I get really angry sometimes at my chicken when they act like this, and I shout at the bully, which of course I regret afterwards. It's just the "chicken way" of course but I find it hard to accept.

Contrary to you it was much easier here when I had only the 6 ex-batts : they grew up together with only very light bullying. Ever since I brought Théo and Chipie in, and then Chipie hatched for us, things seem to have become so complicated.

They teach us a lesson in letting go, you mean 😁.

Congratulations to both @RoyalChick and @BY Bob for the winning photos 💚!
Merle on Monday. Good thoughts would be appreciated for her- she's been acting off the last two days.
View attachment 3344104
When Gaston was a babe
View attachment 3344105
Vanille (†💚) drinking from the hose in July 2020
View attachment 3344106
And the same summer sharing a water bucket with ...ewes 😝. (Please note this is a big no-no in regard to biosecurity, but it was that or leave the ewes on their own in the mountains with a herd of wolves hanging around.)
View attachment 3344107
Having had horses for 40 years I have learnt that they have their own way of dealing with things. As long as it isn't down right evil pestering where they chase down another and jump on them and do them harm I just let them figure it out.

I have noticed that normally there will be about 1 or 2 seconds of quarreling and squawking and then they all settle back to doing what they are doing. Sometimes its a brawl - like this summer with Marty picking fights with the other Silkies (at least she wasn't picking fights with the bigger gals! haha), but it seems to never get out of hand.

The only time I had serious issue was with the young Roos I had here, they would not stop fighting at all. So I kept them separated, especially since Henny Penny wanted to also get involved and try to stop them - I sure didn't want her injured!

Merle: What's up with the pretty lady? is she the one who just started laying eggs? maybe she is adjusting to the hormones - hope that's it.

So I went out first thing just now and both Zeus and Hades are crowing!!!! They alternate lol. OMG it's sooo cute!!!:love💕😻😍

Awesome!
Ive been trying to get video but those boys wont crow when Im filming.
And yes need a video :)

So awesome when they start crowing ❤️

Back
Top Bottom