My special concoction is to take a coffee mug and fill it 1/3 full with whisky; add a generous amount of lemon juice and of honey and then fill up with boiling water.
The patient must be in bed to drink this concoction because most times it renders you completely comatose - the whisky, the steam, the flu - it is more than a body can bear.
Usually I wake up after many hours feeling so much better!

The cat is definitely thinking about the ways of cats and the ways of the world more broadly. She is possibly pondering her plan for world domination. She is a very intense cat. Sometimes she sits somewhere and just stares at me like she is assessing whether I am worth continued investment of her time. She isn't a big cuddler - but makes it very clear when she wants her chin scratched. My other cats hate her and I think the feeling is mutual.
But if she is gazing at you with her pupils dilated that is an affectionate stare, I've always thought.

This photo makes me think of the Cheshire cat in ALice in Wonderland...except Eowyen isn't smiling. (disembodied head!)
SHRA!
Butters (left) and Peanut in October '21
Butters and Peanut Oct 06 2021.jpg

Back
Top Bottom