It’s not too bad today, about 27C (80.6F). Apparently it’s meant to get to 40-45C (104-113F) in the coming weeks. 🥵 Not sure how I’m going to keep the girls cool!
Now that is a different problem for certain than what I am dealing with right now!

Play Sand is just sand, any of the other sands I see have concrete mixtures in them. There may be other types of sand / dirt / gravel…. I would read the label on the bag before buying.
I thought it was the other way round. I thought playsand had some kind of additive and it was construction sand that was needed.
My confusion on this is why I have never given them sand!

The last time it got that hot I made them a Coolgardie safe. I dug a big hole, tented two fence panels over it and covered it with hessian. Then I dripped water over the top and also put a tarp up to keep the sun off when it came around. They didn't stay in there, but hung around the entrance, still panting. I'm quite dreading it, actually.
I talked to a gal around here who takes a kiddie pool and puts a couple of inches of water in it (no deeper than the width of your palm) and adds a bunch of minnows to it. The chickens love eating the tiny fish, so go running through the water, cooling their feet. I haven't tried this...yet...

Sorry, I couldn't resist:

Pine Pellets @ TSC 1.5 years ago: $5.49
Pine Pellets @TSC today: $7.29

What is the percent increase (hint, you need to use the difference in prices)

32.8%

Tedious Tender Tax:
One of my Welsummers looking for a good headshot to send her agent (earlier this fall)View attachment 3358051
View attachment 3358048View attachment 3358050
Fantastic photos!!
And yes, I know about the % increase, but my point is that it is still quite affordable! The same % increase on a case of fancy prescription cat food is not as easy to absorb.

Merry Christmas 🤶 🎄

I've had a big treat but I want more :drool
20221225_132404.jpg

I've had treats too
20221225_132320.jpg

Back
Top Bottom