Yup - that about covers it!
As I see it I have two options:
A) Let them do what they want, cover over the window on the people door with mylar tape so they don't try and fly through it when I close it and just accept that poor Bernie will be lonesome at night for the foreseeable future.
B) Tweak the ceiling to remove whatever route Babs found through it.
I am not sure which way to go.
I will choose A at this point.

Figure out how Babs got there - she is the real thinker of the two!
Me and the two guys really studied it and we were flummoxed.
Best I can tell her reconnaissance flights taught her that the ceiling was soft. Then I think she just powered her way up against it and broke through where two pieces overlapped.
But it is quite a feat because we really had it fixed quite tight.
She is not just a thinker she is a powerful flier.

Should explain the Ice Road and Fort St John jibber-jabber :)

Like me GregnLety also works in the energy sector and was sent up here to do some work - he was just 'down the road' from here. The road being a winter ice road that is opened yearly to allow pipeline workers and logging trucks to get around in the back country here.

Last weekend a few of the Inspectors here decided to go into FSJ for the day (it's a 3 hr drive BTW), and one of the guys got lost coming home due to the heavy fog, there are no road signs out here, you need to watch for landmarks and 'mile markers' (those markers that show how many miles/KM you have driven) to get around. In the fog he missed a turn and for 3hrs wandered around till some logging truck showed him his way out! His 3hr drive home turned into 6hrs. AND it gets dark here early - well actually it's 5:22 right now and just getting dark now so not too bad!

Now me - I don't do so well getting lost, so I won't go on those ice roads at all! The road from the hiway to here is a logging road and it is the only road I will drive on!

GregnLety has promised to post lots of pics of the baby chicks when he gets home, but meanwhile here is my Ice Tax

Yummy snow and dirt!

View attachment 3387289
Any landing 🛬 strips there?

So cold and rainy today, but despite the icky weather I have good news! Three eggs today and all of them were in the nesting box. So either Oreo is way way way smarter then I suspected and he understood my plea to him to get the girls to lay the eggs in the nest boxes or the peanuts worked.

Leaning towards the peanuts 🥜 but yay! No crawling through chicken poo to get eggs today :wee

So cold and rainy today, but despite the icky weather I have good news! Three eggs today and all of them were in the nesting box. So either Oreo is way way way smarter then I suspected and he understood my plea to him to get the girls to lay the eggs in the nest boxes or the peanuts worked.

Leaning towards the peanuts 🥜 but yay! No crawling through chicken poo to get eggs today :wee
Yay. Excellent news!!

Back
Top Bottom