Now for some other pictures I took this morning. I still have to track down Ducky and her sister. When I grabbed my camera and headed out all 5 girls were together. Get out back, and those 2 had ran off.
View attachment 3387861
Perdita
View attachment 3387862
Perdita is on the right.
View attachment 3387863The unnamed black girl has some brown lacing showing through. She is going to be a pretty girl as well.View attachment 3387864
View attachment 3387866View attachment 3387868
If I did not know better, I would swear at this age that Perdita is a full black large fowl cochin chick.
View attachment 3387870
View attachment 3387871View attachment 3387872
Well, I think I see at least 1 boy here.
View attachment 3387873
Goose is on duty.
View attachment 3387875View attachment 3387876
No had dare touch her store egg....she is hatching it.
View attachment 3387878
Another unnamed girl, gosh she is pretty as well. I could be in trouble here. You know, maybe this is the one I need to drop off at @RoyalChick house. While she does have feathered legs, experience tells me they will be lightly feathered as a adult.
View attachment 3387879View attachment 3387880View attachment 3387881
Yup. the chick to the far right in the picture of the 4 of them spread out...definitely a boy!

You know, Momma/Evil ole bat/Chicken - she really is a lovely looking girl. Similar to, but not quite the same coloring as, a Welsummer. You will have to tell us the story of her 1 stump. It doesn't seem to slow her down at all! I would be afraid walking on it would cause a sore, but I guess it is calloused enough???

And the Chiquita offspring - Branch's, I assume? What a cutie!

OMG, wouldn't it be a hoot if you could cross Chiquita and Momma hen :love:love:love- what a broody, biting fuzzball that would be! :lau :lau :lau

Yup. the chick to the far right in the picture of the 4 of them spread out...definitely a boy!

You know, Momma/Evil ole bat/Chicken - she really is a lovely looking girl. Similar to, but not quite the same coloring as, a Welsummer. You will have to tell us the story of her 1 stump. It doesn't seem to slow her down at all! I would be afraid walking on it would cause a sore, but I guess it is calloused enough???

And the Chiquita offspring - Branch's, I assume? What a cutie!

OMG, wouldn't it be a hoot if you could cross Chiquita and Momma hen :love:love:love- what a broody, biting fuzzball that would be! :lau :lau :lau
Momma lost the toes on that leg and gained the scar on her head to a hawk attack before we were able to tame her. Her leg is deceiving, she still has the foot pad which is why I think she is still able to roost wherever she wants, including trees. Chiquita's only offspring I have is Goose and she is the result with a sneaky liaison with Bubba. I am scared of her to be honest. My Marans are Broody with a capital B, and now I have a Marans x Silkie cross. This season should be interesting. I swear the first thing I did when Momma's chicks were brought off the hill was check their feet. I was terrified I would find the silkie double toe which would have meant Branch got lucky. I have never been so happy to see normal toes on chicks feet. Myself and the world does not need a Momma Hen x silkie cross.

Success, I tracked down the other 2 hooligans. They were napping under Maddie's picnic table.
Ducky and the 4th and final black pullet. These 2 were raised by Raven and this black chicks is actually Raven's daughter. The other solid black chick that is not a cochin cross may be hers as well. There is some Irony here with these 2. As young chicks Raven and Blueberry tagged teamed up and became my hooligan troublemakers. Now their daughters are inseparable.
DSCN9906.JPG
DSCN9909.JPG
DSCN9908.JPG
DSCN9907.JPG
DSCN9904.JPG
DSCN9901.JPG

Back
Top Bottom