Yes I will move my other leg and arms regularly. He also told me to lift my injured leg up and down, bend my knee several times and wiggle my toes regularly. That will have to wait until the nerve block decreases, can’t even feel or move my toes right now. 😂

Trying to drink a lot, and had DH bring me the calcium citrate w/D out of the chicken first aid box yesterday and started taking them. It is almost a full bottle, will have plenty to also give to a chook if needed. And have been using Docusate sodium twice a day for the past week, will definitely keep doing that. Have some Special K cereal but will have DH get some Raisin Bram next time he is at the store.
Awesome - if all my patients where like you I might have enjoyed being a Nurse much better hahahaha ❤️:love

OK you have a good evening - I am heading to bed, where it's warm - the furnace here in the Well-site is broken and thus hardly any heat, and of course it would be going down to -34C tonight ha!

Mr P(erfect) says soon you will be back out with your chooks
IMG_0756.JPG

Hmmm - had roast beast and veggies for supper - I think it was even better than a Snickers :)

Don't worry it was roast chicken - moooooo!

BFTP - Poor Dorothy, came across this photo of her molting

View attachment 3392142

I still get a huge laugh over those single wing feathers :lau
WASNT! wasn't roast chicken!!!

It was roast Mooooooo !!!

Oi - autocorrect sucks!

Glad you took this step. Hope this helps you focus on your physical and mental wellbeing for awhile.

Made it home. They say surgery went well. Have a metal plate on one bone and screws in both of them. Have a nerve block pump for three days to help control pain. Doctor also sent prescription for pain meds to a different pharmacy where they charged less than $5 without going through insurance. And I have a calf wrap that inflates to go on my other leg for several days to prevent blood clots. It is much smaller than ones I have had in hospital in the past, rechargeable and no tubes.
Glad your back and the surgery went well! Idk if you have ever had any ortho surgery before this injury but if not welcome to the, we now set off metal detectors club! Found this out after my first orthopedic surgery at airport security 😂

I found this thread while recovering from my broken ankle (2nd ortho surgery) and since I couldn’t do much I read and read and read some more till I made my way through to the present. I laughed and cried and learned a LOT and it helped take my mind off the recovery process.

Ill be here if you need to vent about your leg or if you want to talk about anything but your leg. :hugs

With all the trouble with Russia lately, you want some of these? 🤦‍♂️
Well, dasvedunyah!
Hey the bird flew over here! So that makes it a Canadian 'whats-its-name' !!

Come on! it has feathered legs and a crest! It's like a silkie polish all wrapped up in a colourful package :)

Glad your back and the surgery went well! Idk if you have ever had any ortho surgery before this injury but if not welcome to the, we now set off metal detectors club! Found this out after my first orthopedic surgery at airport security 😂

I found this thread while recovering from my broken ankle (2nd ortho surgery) and since I couldn’t do much I read and read and read some more till I made my way through to the present. I laughed and cried and learned a LOT and it helped take my mind off the recovery process.

Ill be here if you need to vent about your leg or if you want to talk about anything but your leg. :hugs
Just remember though - cow magnets will not stick to your bionics.... I know the guys at the feed mill tried it :lau

I told them - it's a non ferrous metal (non magnetic) - but it was still fun to watch them try to stick magnets to my arm hahaha!

Back
Top Bottom