OFF AND ON COLD WEATHER!!!:barnieMake a FINAL DECISION!!!
:lau:lau:lau Here in New England we say " Don't like the weather? Wait a minute, it'll change!":lau:lau

Weather Tax:
Happy Canary Islands GIF by world-weather.ru
chicken GIF

How's Ol' Blue doing? I know he's just a truck but still I like pickup trucks.

Well, back to hiding. I hate cold weather.
Ol Blue did not see his shadow and thus we will have an early Spring here, which should be around the middle of March (that would be 6 weeks from now hahahaha).

Winter? Well, yes. Tonight could plummet to 17 F. One of the cities up north of us was like -4 F or something but take a look at next week.
View attachment 3393753
Then here's the temperature now.
View attachment 3393748
Feels more like 31 F if you ask me.

OFF AND ON COLD WEATHER!!!:barnieMake a FINAL DECISION!!!
Right now here it is +3F (-16C); tonight it will be 9F (-13C) but look at the next week!

This is Fahrenheit.

CHICKIES.JPG

That is extremely mild for this time of year way up here!

I really want to say happy 6th anniversary to @featherhead007 for being on BYC but I guess it's not genuine now.
It is still genuine if you really want to wish him a happy anniversary. It is hard sometimes to navigate both joy and sadness at the same time (trust me!), but that doesn't mean you should ignore the joy or milestones! :hugs ❤️:hugs❤️

That was sweet of you to notice and mention to Alex!🤗

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugsI am so sorry! I was really hoping that she had just gone hidden finding a spot to lay, or that she was scared and hidden that way.

It is odd that the other two were just casually eating...usually when something like that happens, there is a big squawking that they make, and they tend to be skittish/want go hide under shrubs, etc. Though that could be why Oreo is off. He would be upset hearing & seeing the hen go, but not being able to do anything.:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
I don’t know when it happened it could have been this morning as I thought they were safe in the run and I had not been out to check on them for several hours. So, perhaps the other girls had calmed down by the time I saw them.

Oreo remains quite agitated and aggressively upset. I don't think he could have fit through the small hole the girls got out of to help her. I imagine that would be terribly upsetting to him. Ill give him grace, time, and space as we all work through losing her.

For now everyone is locked in the coop. Tomorrow we will head to Home Depot to fix this so it doesn’t happen to anyone else.

* To anyone who wished me condolences I might have missed thank you.

It is still genuine if you really want to wish him a happy anniversary. It is hard sometimes to navigate both joy and sadness at the same time (trust me!), but that doesn't mean you should ignore the joy or milestones! :hugs ❤️:hugs❤️

That was sweet of you to notice and mention to Alex!🤗
:goodpost: Tragedies are a part of life as is joy and celebration. I couldn’t agree with this more. Alex deserves congratulations he is a wonderful contributor of advice and laughter!

Yesterday Branch decided he had waited long enough to visit with Chiquita and her chicks so he revolted. All afternoon he planted himself in front of the coup and crowed. He did not shut up. I love to hear my boys crow, but after a while I was ready to choke him. I do not know how he is able to crow this morning, he should have lost his voice. I finally gave up and went outside. I picked him up and went in with him and set him down. Chiquita gave a warning growl and I thought I would have to put him out. I had come armed with a bun and gave branch a piece of it. He stayed in place and called to the chicks and they came running. He fed them, and then went and sat down beside grumpy Chiquita and started grooming her while the chicks scampered about. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have never saw a rooster so good with babies. One even grabbed ahold of his comb and hung on. He just gently shook it off but did not peck it at all.
He is truly amazing. What a super rooster. I love hearing stories of him. He is such a good dad! 🥰

I'm guessing it's about hierarchy, but not completely sure
It is about hierarchy. The one higher in the pecking order is forcing the one below her to freeze in a submissive posture. I've seen it many times. It often ends with a peck to the lower hen but not always.

Back
Top Bottom