Three pullets got out, I found Brownie and Ginger just casually pecking around foraging outside the run this afternoon. I ran out and started counting and then through the panic my heart sunk as I realized Powder was MIA. I searched for an hour after getting everyone in the coop. Oreo attacked me he was so riled which is something he has never ever done as I turned my back to close the coop door. I don’t blame him in the least.

I just looked again now after I picked up the kids from school. Still no sign of her. Oreo is beyond riled and charged me again but stopped short. The only thing I found was a very small pile of white feathers, no blood, no animal prints. My guess at this point is an adult red tail hawk or eagle took her. I will keep searching but I am far from hopeful.
So sorry you are going through this. Fingers crossed she turns back up, deepest condolences if she doesn’t. :hugs :hugs

Yesterday Branch decided he had waited long enough to visit with Chiquita and her chicks so he revolted. All afternoon he planted himself in front of the coup and crowed. He did not shut up. I love to hear my boys crow, but after a while I was ready to choke him. I do not know how he is able to crow this morning, he should have lost his voice. I finally gave up and went outside. I picked him up and went in with him and set him down. Chiquita gave a warning growl and I thought I would have to put him out. I had come armed with a bun and gave branch a piece of it. He stayed in place and called to the chicks and they came running. He fed them, and then went and sat down beside grumpy Chiquita and started grooming her while the chicks scampered about. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have never saw a rooster so good with babies. One even grabbed ahold of his comb and hung on. He just gently shook it off but did not peck it at all.
Awwwwww :)

I so wish I could set eggs - I think Mr P would be an awesome dad also. Maybe I will be lucky enough to get some chicks to bring home, or get back home.... I can't beleive it is so hard to find chicks that I want!

I dunno. It sounds like like a huge complicator in my life and costly too. I am keeping an open mind and will see how @featherhead007 gets on.
I am not sure what they would do exactly!
:caf My personal assistant, hmm, I mean support, is nothing short of excellent. I absolutely trust her and she's more like a friend than a professional. You can feel when someone is trustworthy and know inside that you and you wishes are respected. I'm extremely lucky and I'm fully aware of this

Awwwwww :)

I so wish I could set eggs - I think Mr P would be an awesome dad also. Maybe I will be lucky enough to get some chicks to bring home, or get back home.... I can't beleive it is so hard to find chicks that I want!
You will get the perfect ones for you, take your time and follow your heart. Look how wonderful Mr. P turned out. 😍

You will get the perfect ones for you, take your time and follow your heart. Look how wonderful Mr. P turned out. 😍
I have called the hatchery here in Alberta and chatted with the lady, she is going to send me some info on her birds and others that she knows of. Hopefully I can get a few nice pullets to bring home :)

I have called the hatchery here in Alberta and chatted with the lady, she is going to send me some info on her birds and others that she knows of. Hopefully I can get a few nice pullets to bring home :)
I wiggle my magic fingertips in your direction. Putting a spell on you for good luck (chick finding luck) :old

I wiggle my magic fingertips in your direction. Putting a spell on you for good luck (chick finding luck) :old
I want a couple of legbars, a couple of welbars and a couple of those fancy dancy pavlovslovsro-thing-a-ma-bobbers.... ❤️ (pullets please)

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom