Ol' Blue. Meet Ol' White.

:hitShe's so cute
smilie_tra_161.gif

Welcome to the Flamingo Chickies Club!
View attachment 3394064View attachment 3394071

There's more, but it's 9:30 over here and I'm not about to go search for 50 photos of my chickens (mostly Parmesan) lifting their feet up. I have a project to finish.
Get your project done! Tomorrow is another day to chit chat :)

(love those photos too!)

Yes, it was primarily about @knoturavggrl and her missing/presumed gone pullet :(

But I was also thinking about the pain and health frustrations of both @ValarieF and @TX Chick Noob and @featherhead007 's uncontrolled BP. So much heartache and health issues/pain going around. Even poor @RoyalChick having lost the last of her original crew on top of a very bad few months of lots of losses. :( And @BY Bob 's loss this fall of one of his new chicks, Glynda, after so many losses last year. And @Ponypoor , with the recent loss of her dear horse Sally, and her constant RLS that keeps her awake.

Sorry, I'm just sappy. I always get that way, silly me, when I have had to send the boys to freezer camp. So just ignore my ramblings...and let me send warm hugs to everyone, whether you feel you need them or not. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs (who doesn't need a hug now and then??)
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I would let the Roo, and the others, out tomorrow morning, on the chance that she is scared and hiding somewhere. If this is so then maybe she can be enticed out.

Oh I am so hoping this is so 😪
No sign of her this evening or at dusk. I will try and let them out tomorrow and see if they can drawl her out if she is hiding somewhere. Definitely worth a try.
Thought I posted this earlier but I guess not…

OMG, I was hoping not to have to hit the button on my pump so it would last longer, but the strong block they did for surgery wore off during the night last time and I ended up hitting it three times. My foot/ankle felt like it was on fire and really hurt. I can take the Norco more often and stronger, but if I do much more I will never poop again. And we lost power at 8 last night. Running on generator still, there is no estimate yet of when will be restored. Their outage map shows hundreds of outages all over central Texas. They will probably repair the ones affecting the most people first, and ours is only 72 people.
I had a block after my knee surgery when it wore off it was pretty bad. I did not have a block for my ankle and to be honest it was exactly the same the second and third day post surgery were pretty rough.

Take the pain meds, call the doc and I bet they will give you a stool softener script without issue. I had to take it the whole time I was on pain meds. This medicine should be quite inexpensive if the insurance gives you grief again.

I know it doesn’t feel like it right now but I promise it gets better.

That white chicken down there is so cute! I want to give it a hug (stealing your catchphrase hugs, hugs, hugs). Also, in Utqiagvik, AK in the summer, the sun never sets. So right now as we speak, Utqiagvik is dark and even from 9am-12 pm, it is pitch dark.
The white hen is Henny Penny - the mama of those chicks - they were quite able to get up onto the round bale but Henny being a Silkie doesn't fly well - so I had to go and put her up with her chicks hahaha!

Yes up in the arctic it is still hardly any daylight :) Here where I am working it is starting to get light earlier, and now it doesn't get dark until around 6pm - soon we will out pace down south for daylight hrs. It will be light earlier and get dark later than down south - in about another few weeks!

Thought I posted this earlier but I guess not…

OMG, I was hoping not to have to hit the button on my pump so it would last longer, but the strong block they did for surgery wore off during the night last time and I ended up hitting it three times. My foot/ankle felt like it was on fire and really hurt. I can take the Norco more often and stronger, but if I do much more I will never poop again. And we lost power at 8 last night. Running on generator still, there is no estimate yet of when will be restored. Their outage map shows hundreds of outages all over central Texas. They will probably repair the ones affecting the most people first, and ours is only 72 people.

At the risk of having to pay taxes......
How are you doing today, @Valenred and @TX Chick Noob ? I'm hoping Val has stabalized so not dizzy! and @TX Chick Noob is feeling okay with the pain meds after surgery to be hanging in there until the swelling goes down and it starts to heal/pain lessens naturally! :fl :fl

Worrisome Wendy Tax:

Some of my favorite chicken breeds....just because I've had them and they are self-sufficient, smart, and personable. 🥰🥰🥰

Barred Rock: Who doesn't love a beautifully striped lady full of life and very even tempered?
12 Heritage Meat Chicken Breeds - Homesteaders of America

Dark Cornish (note, they are hard/close feathered, so they look smaller/lighter than they really are! (and, they still have enough of their natural instincts, these are the breed that regularly go broody for me!)
View attachment 3393979

Buff Orpington: (They are very sweet and extra fluffy. Unfortunately, not the best fliers due to their heavy set bodies, so are extra worriesome regarding predators, but did I mention they are so sweet!
Buff Orpington Chickens: Buyer's Guide's Guide

Brahmas
I've only had light, because of cost of chicks of other color variations, but LOVE @rural mouse 's Dark Brahman, and have always drooled over the Buff Brahmas. Talk about Gentle Giants. They are one of the heaviest/largest breeds I have owned, but are always at or near the bottom of the pecking order. And have to love their fluffy feathered footsies! My first Rooster was a light brahma (Sir Lancelot) what a sweet boy! I've loved Roosters ever since.

View attachment 3393988

Last, but not least, are my Welsummers. I've had more than half of them be extremely bright/smart problem solvers - and they lay med. brown SPECKLED eggs. What's not to love? (I have one now that has a very large comb for a Welsummer. And, boy, is she smart...too smart for her britches if you ask me! I am beginning to suspect she is really part Brown leghorn based on what @BY Bob has said 'bout leghorn smarts!!!)
View attachment 3393992

So, I do like all of my chickens, but these breeds have stolen my heart ❤️❤️in one way or another. But I've had at least one hen of every breed I've owned steal my heart! That said, my mixed breeds really steal my heart - the variations in colors, seeing them be brooded and hatched by mom.....etc, etc, etc...
@bgmathteach link to my status update is up above quote from your post. ⬆️

No sign of her this evening or at dusk. I will try and let them out tomorrow and see if they can drawl her out if she is hiding somewhere. Definitely worth a try.

I had a block after my knee surgery when it wore off it was pretty bad. I did not have a block for my ankle and to be honest it was exactly the same the second and third day post surgery were pretty rough.

Take the pain meds, call the doc and I bet they will give you a stool softener script without issue. I had to take it the whole time I was on pain meds. This medicine should be quite inexpensive if the insurance gives you grief again.

I have already been taking 2 stool softeners a day since I broke it, they are getting me a stronger rx to go with it. I will be taking pain meds on recommended schedule, and also trying to drink more. Which causes it’s own set of issues since I can’t just hop up and go to the ladies room as needed. :barnie :lau :lau

I’m still glad I did the nerve block. Just fine-tuning how to wean off it gradually.

At the moment the 50 amp circuit in our generator has died. They are sending us another one overnight, but at the moment I am stuck in my recliner in the mostly reclined position. DH is rushing to our other property to grab our smaller generator. But that will take 2-3 hours.

Last edited:

I don’t know what is worse. The pain of the wound operation area, or not being able to use the toilet !

Back
Top Bottom