We say that here too. On the other hand, this is rather fitting here.View attachment 3394023
The weatherman has been known to get it DRASICALLY wrong too.

View attachment 3394027Take a GOOD look at Wednesday. This was from several years ago, and had to post it as the Yellowstone Caldera was forecast to erupt.

Weather taxView attachment 3394026
That's warm! Hope it wasn't too humid!

Chick-6-weeks(2).jpg

Henny Penny's 4 chicks at 6 weeks.

Update: The temperature doubled what I thought would be.
Weather Screenshot 9.jpg
Weather Screenshot 10.jpg

Also, the weather somewhat changed.
Weather Screenshot 11.jpg

I would love to have Fiji weather right now. Thunderstorms may not be my thing but take a look. 80 F all around. Fiji has been having thunderstorms nonstop the past 2 months. I mean it's hot below the equator as we speak. It's no surprise thunderstorms are happening there but then again, Fiji is a tropical country/island so maybe that is the case? I don't know.
Weather Screenshot 12.jpg

The only good thing is there will be longer daylight hours. Sun is setting around 5:30 and I'm enjoying it. Pretty soon, it will be sunset by 6 pm, then 7 and all the way to 9 or 8:30. Oh, joy!
Everyone else who hates summer::tongue
Anyways, since I've been living under a rock for 3 days (or was it 2), @bgmathteach mentioned something on her post about Alex and sadness
It is still genuine if you really want to wish him a happy anniversary. It is hard sometimes to navigate both joy and sadness at the same time (trust me!), but that doesn't mean you should ignore the joy or milestones! :hugs ❤️:hugs❤️

That was sweet of you to notice and mention to Alex!🤗
And another message I couldn't look for from I don't know but could someone put up a link on about this sadness thing? If this is @knoturavggrl and her missing chickens (or is it pullets?), I give her my biggest sympathy and hope they come back soon. You know what they say, what goes around, comes around.
Okay, this feels like a novel so let me get to the
Weather, Confused and Rambling Tax!
IMG_1546.jpg

Thought I posted this earlier but I guess not…

OMG, I was hoping not to have to hit the button on my pump so it would last longer, but the strong block they did for surgery wore off during the night last time and I ended up hitting it three times. My foot/ankle felt like it was on fire and really hurt. I can take the Norco more often and stronger, but if I do much more I will never poop again. And we lost power at 8 last night. Running on generator still, there is no estimate yet of when will be restored. Their outage map shows hundreds of outages all over central Texas. They will probably repair the ones affecting the most people first, and ours is only 72 people.
Oh no - that's terrible - this is why I don't like nerve blocks.... when they wear off it's extreme agony as you haven't woke from surgery all groggy and given pain meds and become used to the pain / meds combo. (hugs)

Take your meds ! You will poop :) Just eat more fruits and veggies, try mangos, bananas, dates, figs (dried one are awesome!), prunes - love those too! oranges, kiwi.... also squash, and other root veggies. Try prune juice also.

OK Tax
IMG_20211125_090533.jpg

Reenie, Lulu, and the chooks

When I win the lottery I will buy a holiday house for all to visit - someplace very warm and sunny :) with lots of chickens! Maybe a few ponies too.... :)
I’m gonna need a few things.
1. Landing strip and hanger preferably.
2. Place for my rooster
3. Summer attire with sunglasses 🕶️
4. A nice little lady who isn’t afraid to cry.

about this sadness thing? If this is @knoturavggrl and her missing chickens
Yes, it was primarily about @knoturavggrl and her missing/presumed gone pullet :(

But I was also thinking about the pain and health frustrations of both @ValarieF and @TX Chick Noob and @featherhead007 's uncontrolled BP. So much heartache and health issues/pain going around. Even poor @RoyalChick having lost the last of her original crew on top of a very bad few months of lots of losses. :( And @BY Bob 's loss this fall of one of his new chicks, Glynda, after so many losses last year. And @Ponypoor , with the recent loss of her dear horse Sally, and her constant RLS that keeps her awake.

Sorry, I'm just sappy. I always get that way, silly me, when I have had to send the boys to freezer camp. So just ignore my ramblings...and let me send warm hugs to everyone, whether you feel you need them or not. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs (who doesn't need a hug now and then??)

Well Ol Blue didn't see his shadow so early Spring - yay! So Mid March (in 6 weeks time) we should have Spring! :)
Ol' Blue. Meet Ol' White.

This was my beautiful “Canna” RIP dear one. I really miss that bird! But she’s in a better place now, and she’s with Bobs greatest Hen ever! :loveView attachment 3394013View attachment 3394013View attachment 3394015
:hitShe's so cute
smilie_tra_161.gif

Welcome to the Flamingo Chickies Club!
IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0837.jpg

There's more, but it's 9:30 over here and I'm not about to go search for 50 photos of my chickens (mostly Parmesan) lifting their feet up. I have a project to finish.

Attachments

• IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 0
This is the safest way to move them. I would not try anything else.
My truck has built in power plugs - comes in real handy when I forget to charge my phone haha. I wouldn't want to plug in a round saw to use but I think I can plug in a brooder fine - they will have a nice little brooding crate.

The biggest problem will be my being distracted by chirping balls of fluff :)

Actually the biggest problem is actually getting chicks - I am keen to get a couple Legbars, a couple Welbars, and some of those Pavlovskaya - hopefully get at least one pullet from those - the first two are auto-sexing for pullets.

Yes, it was primarily about @knoturavggrl and her missing/presumed gone pullet :(

But I was also thinking about the pain and health frustrations of both @ValarieF and @TX Chick Noob and @featherhead007 's uncontrolled BP. So much heartache and health issues/pain going around. Even poor @RoyalChick having lost the last of her original crew on top of a very bad few months of lots of losses. :( And @BY Bob 's loss this fall of one of his new chicks, Glynda, after so many losses last year. And @Ponypoor , with the recent loss of her dear horse Sally, and her constant RLS that keeps her awake.

Sorry, I'm just sappy. I always get that way, silly me, when I have had to send the boys to freezer camp. So just ignore my ramblings...and let me send warm hugs to everyone, whether you feel you need them or not. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs (who doesn't need a hug now and then??)
You forgot about my horse Chaco. :hit

Back
Top Bottom