Is an inverter the gizmo that converts the truck’s DC to AC so the plate works?
Then at night she can bring the chicks into where she stays and plug into the mains.
I am loving this whole idea!
This is the safest way to move them. I would not try anything else.

Those are "loons". They are on Canadian currency.
This is true! The Canadian 1 dollar coin, we do not have dollar bills - paper - anymore. We also have a $2 coin - no paper bills for $2 either.

We call the $1 coin a Loonie.

And the $2 coin is a Toonie... :)

Money Tax
Chick-1-at-6-weeks.jpg

Bad news at the Butler Hollow Coop. All the rain eroded the very edge inside the unfinished section of the shed. This created a chicken sized opening and a few of the pullets got out of the run at some point today. Powder, my first layer of stunning moss green eggs, is gone. The only sign of her or what happened to her is a few feathers outside the run. How could I have not noticed the hole! Sad, mad, and feeling just awful.

View attachment 3393614
Oh no! so sorry to hear this - hopefully she is hiding away somewhere.

(hugs hugs hugs)

Three pullets got out, I found Brownie and Ginger just casually pecking around foraging outside the run this afternoon. I ran out and started counting and then through the panic my heart sunk as I realized Powder was MIA. I searched for an hour after getting everyone in the coop. Oreo attacked me he was so riled which is something he has never ever done as I turned my back to close the coop door. I don’t blame him in the least.

I just looked again now after I picked up the kids from school. Still no sign of her. Oreo is beyond riled and charged me again but stopped short. The only thing I found was a very small pile of white feathers, no blood, no animal prints. My guess at this point is an adult red tail hawk or eagle took her. I will keep searching but I am far from hopeful.
I would let the Roo, and the others, out tomorrow morning, on the chance that she is scared and hiding somewhere. If this is so then maybe she can be enticed out.

Oh I am so hoping this is so 😪

Thought I posted this earlier but I guess not…

OMG, I was hoping not to have to hit the button on my pump so it would last longer, but the strong block they did for surgery wore off during the night last time and I ended up hitting it three times. My foot/ankle felt like it was on fire and really hurt. I can take the Norco more often and stronger, but if I do much more I will never poop again. And we lost power at 8 last night. Running on generator still, there is no estimate yet of when will be restored. Their outage map shows hundreds of outages all over central Texas. They will probably repair the ones affecting the most people first, and ours is only 72 people.

Back
Top Bottom