This is true! The Canadian 1 dollar coin, we do not have dollar bills - paper - anymore. We also have a $2 coin - no paper bills for $2 either.

We call the $1 coin a Loonie.

And the $2 coin is a Toonie... :)

Money Tax
View attachment 3393977
You are all loony! But polite! :old

At the risk of having to pay taxes......
How are you doing today, @Valenred and @TX Chick Noob ? I'm hoping Val has stabalized so not dizzy! and @TX Chick Noob is feeling okay with the pain meds after surgery to be hanging in there until the swelling goes down and it starts to heal/pain lessens naturally! :fl :fl

Worrisome Wendy Tax:

Some of my favorite chicken breeds....just because I've had them and they are self-sufficient, smart, and personable. 🥰🥰🥰

Barred Rock: Who doesn't love a beautifully striped lady full of life and very even tempered?
12 Heritage Meat Chicken Breeds - Homesteaders of America

Dark Cornish (note, they are hard/close feathered, so they look smaller/lighter than they really are! (and, they still have enough of their natural instincts, these are the breed that regularly go broody for me!)
Cornish Chickens | Stocky Compact Hardy - YouTube

Buff Orpington: (They are very sweet and extra fluffy. Unfortunately, not the best fliers due to their heavy set bodies, so are extra worriesome regarding predators, but did I mention they are so sweet!
Buff Orpington Chickens: Buyer's Guide

Brahmas
I've only had light, because of cost of chicks of other color variations, but LOVE @rural mouse 's Dark Brahman, and have always drooled over the Buff Brahmas. Talk about Gentle Giants. They are one of the heaviest/largest breeds I have owned, but are always at or near the bottom of the pecking order. And have to love their fluffy feathered footsies! My first Rooster was a light brahma (Sir Lancelot) what a sweet boy! I've loved Roosters ever since.

Light Brahma | Agrarian Indy Online

Last, but not least, are my Welsummers. I've had more than half of them be extremely bright/smart problem solvers - and they lay med. brown SPECKLED eggs. What's not to love? (I have one now that has a very large comb for a Welsummer. And, boy, is she smart...too smart for her britches if you ask me! I am beginning to suspect she is really part Brown leghorn based on what @BY Bob has said 'bout leghorn smarts!!!)
Murray McMurray Hatchery - Welsummers

So, I do like all of my chickens, but these breeds have stolen my heart ❤️❤️in one way or another. But I've had at least one hen of every breed I've owned steal my heart! That said, my mixed breeds really steal my heart - the variations in colors, seeing them be brooded and hatched by mom.....etc, etc, etc...

Last edited:
I'd love him Bob you and Alex for my neighbours 🤔 I'm not greedy :D

Update: do you suppose we could squeeze RC in as well.
When I win the lottery I will buy a holiday house for all to visit - someplace very warm and sunny :) with lots of chickens! Maybe a few ponies too.... :)

:lau:lau:lau Here in New England we say " Don't like the weather? Wait a minute, it'll change!":lau:lau

Weather Tax:
Happy Canary Islands GIF by world-weather.ru
chicken GIF
We say that here too. On the other hand, this is rather fitting here.
FB_IMG_1675389689530.jpg

The weatherman has been known to get it DRASICALLY wrong too.

FB_IMG_1631154625045.jpg
Take a GOOD look at Wednesday. This was from several years ago, and had to post it as the Yellowstone Caldera was forecast to erupt.

Weather tax
20230201_143710.jpg

At the risk of having to pay taxes......
How are you doing today, @Valenred and @TX Chick Noob ? I'm hoping Val has stabalized so not dizzy! and @TX Chick Noob is feeling okay with the pain meds after surgery to be hanging in there until the swelling goes down and it starts to heal/pain lessens naturally! :fl :fl

Worrisome Wendy Tax:

Some of my favorite chicken breeds....just because I've had them and they are self-sufficient, smart, and personable. 🥰🥰🥰

Barred Rock:
12 Heritage Meat Chicken Breeds - Homesteaders of America
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://homesteadersofamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Heritage-Meat-Chicken-Breeds-HoA-FeaturedFacebook.jpg&imgrefurl=https://homesteadersofamerica.com/heritage-meat-chicken-breeds/&tbnid=SFzRvvrm8wKRBM&vet=12ahUKEwjhiba0mvj8AhWc6MkDHa37Ac4QMygOegUIARClAg..i&docid=ewk3xKO6YimMXM&w=810&h=450&q=chicken breeds&ved=2ahUKEwjhiba0mvj8AhWc6MkDHa37Ac4QMygOegUIARClAg
Dark Cornish (note, they are hard/close feathered, so they look smaller/lighter than they really are! (and, they still have enough of their natural instincts, these are the breed that regularly go broody for me!)
View attachment 3393979

Buff Orpington: (They are very sweet and extra fluffy. Unfortunately, not the best fliers due to their heavy set bodies, so are extra worriesome regarding predators, but did I mention they are so sweet!
Buff Orpington Chickens: Buyer's Guide's Guide

Brahmas
I've only had light, because of cost of chicks of other color variations, but LOVE @rural mouse 's Dark Brahman, and have always drooled over the Buff Brahmas. Talk about Gentle Giants. They are one of the heaviest/largest breeds I have owned, but are always at or near the bottom of the pecking order. And have to love their fluffy feathered footsies! My first Rooster was a light brahma (Sir Lancelot) what a sweet boy! I've loved Roosters ever since.

View attachment 3393988

Last, but not least, are my Welsummers. I've had more than half of them be extremely bright/smart problem solvers - and they lay med. brown SPECKLED eggs. What's not to love? (I have one now that has a very large comb for a Welsummer. And, boy, is she smart...too smart for her britches if you ask me! I am beginning to suspect she is really part Brown leghorn based on what @BY Bob has said 'bout leghorn smarts!!!)
View attachment 3393992

So, I do like all of my chickens, but these breeds have stolen my heart ❤️❤️in one way or another. But I've had at least one hen of every breed I've owned steal my heart! That said, my mixed breeds really steal my heart - the variations in colors, seeing them be brooded and hatched by mom.....etc, etc, etc...
... another enabler!

I love them all - but need a breed that is auto-sexing so I don't run the risk of a Roo - breaking my heart - But a Welbar is like a Welsummer AND auto-sexing :)

When I win the lottery though I will buy pullets of all those breeds :) Not just day-olds :love:love

Back
Top Bottom