I waited inside the coop until all the kids came in. Jaffar was wandering around inside too but he was hesitant to take his perch position. I think he wanted to be inside the house with me. I was correct in that. Jaffar is no dummy, he knows that it’s going to be raining and cold tonight and early tomorrow. He’s such a good rooster!

I waited inside the coop until all the kids came in. Jaffar was wandering around inside too but he was hesitant to take his perch position. I think he wanted to be inside the house with me. I was correct in that. Jaffar is no dummy, he knows that it’s going to be raining and cold tonight and early tomorrow. He’s such a good rooster!
Speaking of good roosters; I went out to shut the door to the coop and the youngsters were the only hens outside but Hades was out there with them to make sure they all get in safely.

DSCN0019.JPG
DSCN0020.JPG

What is it about Perdita that keeps my attention drawn towards her. Besides Ducky with her blue coloring I've been able to pick her out from the rest the moment she hatched. As a freshly hatched chick the cochin genes were present and her legs had double the fuzz then the others. Is it because she was one of the 3 that nearly froze and I thought were dead? Is it because I have had such trouble hatching the few cochin eggs that I am able to get before the girls eat them? She is a friendly pullet, will eat out of your hand and all but she is not one who wants to be held. Could it be that she is jet black and already her feathers shine with green and blue iridescence in the sunlight? We all know I'm a sucker for a black chicken. Part of it I think is her thick leg and foot feathering. I just love a chicken with feathered legs and feet. I'm really shocked she has drew my attention like she has considering I'm constantly threatening her mother and aunt for eating their eggs.

View attachment 3395928View attachment 3395929
What is it about Perdita that keeps my attention drawn towards her. Besides Ducky with her blue coloring I've been able to pick her out from the rest the moment she hatched. As a freshly hatched chick the cochin genes were present and her legs had double the fuzz then the others. Is it because she was one of the 3 that nearly froze and I thought were dead? Is it because I have had such trouble hatching the few cochin eggs that I am able to get before the girls eat them? She is a friendly pullet, will eat out of your hand and all but she is not one who wants to be held. Could it be that she is jet black and already her feathers shine with green and blue iridescence in the sunlight? We all know I'm a sucker for a black chicken. Part of it I think is her thick leg and foot feathering. I just love a chicken with feathered legs and feet. I'm really shocked she has drew my attention like she has considering I'm constantly threatening her mother and aunt for eating their eggs.
She is beautiful. I love her feathering and color. Im a sucker for black chickens too. But I love the iridescent green that shines in the light on my Anconas. Especially Zeus' tail. And the big fluffy lavender orpington that jumps on me when I walk in the coop with food or treats. She is by far the friendliest chicken I have. I named her Cia.
Cia as a chick and Misty behind her
IMG_1465.JPG

Back
Top Bottom