Yes DH says we’re at 20,050 ft (6111 meters). We can see the “frost line” in Fall and Spring, when temps are just cold enough up here versus just down the hill.
Those numbers don't seem quite right.....I'm off the continental divide and work at a mile high: 5280 feet.... divide altitude is between 6 and 7 thousand. Highest point in all of US is mount McKinley in Alaska at a bit of 20,000 feet.

Those numbers don't seem quite right.....I'm off the continental divide and work at a mile high: 5280 feet.... divide altitude is between 6 and 7 thousand. Highest point in all of US is mount McKinley in Alaska at a bit of 20,000 feet.
:lau You're right, I actually live on the slopes of something, maybe a slippery slope? DH said "Twenty-fifty." So he must mean 2,050?

Thank you for explaining that. I am calming down because she is flying around outside and pigging out at the feeder like she never saw food before.
Nox (or was it Mera....don't remember which one) had Hector suggesting places to lay for about 2 weeks. He started in the coop, then moved outside, around the coop, up the hillside, into the hedge along the north side....repeatedly, and even about 15 feet out into the open field (I hope out of pure desperation). She finally decided to lay her first egg....in the coop.... he would suggest a spot and she would blithely ignore him and test a place near by, but NOT the place he suggested. As a Hormonal Idiot, he displayed incredible patience with her deflating his ego....on repeat.

You're an amazing artist. When I paint a chicken, it looks like a blob.
Wait...Click here. I can't screenshot the photo because that's copyright.
Do what I do Snip the image and save it (Oh maybe not on a phone - I am on my laptop- sorry! never mind :) )

Back
Top Bottom