3F945347-8588-4B6C-B868-3CA097E422B1.jpeg
C7751B5E-D15E-4360-A415-C15E6780E82F.jpeg
F106CBD1-310C-45A9-AEBF-C45F44B4C8C4.jpeg
18DCD9B3-F14C-4774-90E8-62F8E96A3FA9.jpeg
D156B67E-7FB7-4FC0-943A-3E9963CAB5F4.jpeg
DE3BECA6-9ACC-4096-B0C0-80A4E59B3E50.jpeg
362BEB45-736A-4DB8-9FC1-7C35205141A1.jpeg
D1D3EBEB-86E0-4962-A939-D483425E9887.jpeg

I have a long answer to this and it has nothing to do with chickens. So I will begin with some tax. When Gaston was a goofy funny cockerel.
View attachment 3396565
I think we all realize that when we visit as tourists a foreign country, what we see in places of touristic interest is only a small glimpse of the country's way of life. One of the bias is obviously higher prices. Italy has many touristic places ; if you stay in Rome, Florence, Venice, or even in rural touristic places like the Cinque terre, the Langhe or the Dolomites everything will be crazy expensive. However in real life, Italian prices are incredibly cheaper than in France. Many people on the french Riviera do their shopping in Italy, going every weekend to Ventimiglia for the producers market to buy vegetables, cheese and deli. Alcohol is a lot cheaper, and of course all Italian products like panettone, grissinis, tarallis, gianduja...it's between two third and half the price. But it's not only food. For us if we go through the mountain road we can be in Saluzzo in piedmonte in a little more than two hours, and they have an incredible agricultural fair every two weeks, where you can buy small agricultural engines much cheaper, and find specialized tools that are just not sold in France, like small handy tractors that can be used in mountains. If ever we need to buy a new stove and can not find one second hand we will also go to Italy to buy like everyone we know. And for the plants, all the Mediterranean plants sold in the south of France apart from olive trees are imported from Italy.
So yes, it is a thing here, but then Nice and where we live only joined France back in 1860 so everyone has a bit of Italian blood.
My partner actually went for a haul yesterday during his working day pause in Nice. He took the train to Menton and cycled to Latte, the first town after the frontier, to buy 96° alcohol (not sold here)... and he came back with his huge backpack full of goodies 🤣.
View attachment 3396603

Is everything all right ? I hope you just need some fresh air and that you will find a way 💚.
That is amazing. Thank you for the education.

Everything is fine. It's just the middle of winter and I only leave the house to get something from home depot to build with or the pharmacy to get meds.

I can't drive my alfa because of the threat of winter weather so I've got a little bit of what we call "cabin fever" going on right now. I've just been staring at the same walls too long.

I work from home as well so there is not a lot of variety in my life right now.

I have a chick feeder like that - I got it at TSC (we used to have TSC here - now they are bought out by Peavey Mart - big farm/hardware outfit here in Canada).

Which will be my second stop when I go to town today to check out brooder plates :) hahaha - though at the rate I am going I wont get chicks - everywhere I check they are sold out for April chicks - 😢 😢
It seems likely to be tricky this year with all the interest in chicken keeping. I would not give up though the timing could still work out. ;)

That is amazing. Thank you for the education.

Everything is fine. It's just the middle of winter and I only leave the house to get something from home depot to build with or the pharmacy to get meds.

I can't drive my alfa because of the threat of winter weather so I've got a little bit of what we call "cabin fever" going on right now. I've just been staring at the same walls too long.

I work from home as well so there is not a lot of variety in my life right now.

Maybe a day trip somewhere with Mrs. By Bob on a Sat. or Sunday?

A museum and nice restaurant, or theater show/concert (do you have a theater group near you?) and dinner?

Or, maybe the Butterfly Garden/Atrium? I'm sure you've been there before, but maybe the tropical feel and plants - and lots of blooms - is just what you need right now!?!

Working from home has some definite advantages, but it also has a very big disadvantage - especially in the winter.:(:hugs:hugs:hugs:(

Tax for Winter Blues:

I see you stalking us, Mom!
IMG_2508[1].JPG

That's it, you keep watch while I check for bugs on this log Mum turned over! It's so cold, they won't be able to scamper away on me -YUM, sitting ducks!!!!:lau:lau
IMG_2514[1].JPG

I have absolutely NO idea how I managed to get his head in focus while everything else is blurry? How can the head not be in motion when the entire rest of his body is???🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom