I will upload video's later tonight but Chiquita finally brought the chicks out of the coop. All was going well until she took them into Louis stall when she bolted because Gracie scared her walking by. Louis did nothing wrong really, he just dropped his head down to look at them. Chiquita is already tore up at this point and she attacked his face. This left Louis in one corner terrified and Chiquita in the opposite corner with her chicks angry. She wanted to get them out but with the warning clucks she was giving they did not want to follow and stayed huddled in the corner. It required human intervention. I held Louis and mom went in and put the chicks in a bucket to move them. Chiquita is now attacking mom but she got the first 5 easily. The last one she had to chase all over the stall as it wanted to avoid capture. We both decided as there is 2 more stalls left to clean that is enough adventure for one day and Chiquita and her marshmallows are back in the coop for the evening. Louis was rewarded with extra peppermints since he remained calm and still after the flogging and the entire time mom was gathering the chicks.
Whoa! Good boy! I am sure Truly would have had a fit! But glad it all worked out, yep I would have called it day with the chicks out also. Like I said you have to have nerves of steel to have pets!

Sounds like you are doing the right things with Oreo. Be patient and he will come out the other side calmer eventually.
He is a youngster - give him the summer and by Autumn he should be fine, and winter his hormones should lower some. He is a beauty, and of course his main purpose is to protect his ladies.

Bed Time
Curly has been finding that being on top of the nest box by the wall is a nice place to be, of course is scares the bejebers out of me as she is about 5' off the ground if she were to get launched by someone....
eggs.JPG

Love when Henny Penny sleeps she is a little round ball hahaha ❤️
snuggle.JPG

Back
Top Bottom