I need to join in the Rodent Wars… sigh
Weird Earthstar Fungi and Tailess TaxView attachment 3397998View attachment 3397997
Grrrrr ! rats, mice, chipmunks, squirrels - I am now tired of their cute little noses - their arses are toast!

Awwww your tailess gal is a lovely colour, she looks like my Misty and Whiskers (though they dom't have a comb or wattles).

Here is how their first day out of the coop went. I opened the door and she had zero interest in bringing them out. So, I bribed them as you can see. She was still super wary and any time anything walked by she took them back inside. It was a long process today with many trips in and out. The first 2 video's as you can see they barely get outside the coop. The last 2 they ventured almost to the creek bank. It was only a few minutes after the final video that the fiasco of running into Louis's stall happened.
Was that a worm that chick scarfed back hahaha :)

Oh I need to get some chicks for my broodies more than ever!

Was that a worm that chick scarfed back hahaha :)

Oh I need to get some chicks for my broodies more than ever!
Yes it was a worm. Chiquita is one of 3 hens that will actively encourage their chicks to eat worms. Momma Hen and Raven are the other 2. The rest of the momma's I have had are not keen on teaching their chicks worms are good. Grub worms though, that is a different story. Those are fair game to everyone, myself included. I want those grubs to go fishing with. There are 2 spots in the summer where I can easily find them. It is a fight for me to get them in the bucket, I'm being mobbed. I also have to keep my bait can raised over my head because they are not above stealing them out of it.

I hear you - same up here - that is why I drive the 3+ hrs into Peace on Sunday's - to get away from everyone and push a cart at Walmart like a real person... eat junk food at McD's.

I hope you do something fun and different, I tell people that even if you are not interested in what you are planning on doing, it will give you something different to think about and talk about ❤️

This past weekend here we have had some 'trouble' with the crews - bush party down the road and nefarious activities going on (whispers of booze and drug running here), and someone was arrested (that is the talk of the crews!), and a 'few' had a stern talking to and made examples of. The guys have been overheard saying there is nothing to do here in this camp. And of course like 'kids' the will make their own fun......

So yesterday I met with the other camp coordinator and this camp's manager, we will be having a Super Bowl party on Sunday, and I will plan on getting 'Fight Night' on the Satellite TV for the crews. I am getting a bunch of junk foods for the guys (chips, snacks, the Cook will make pizza...). We are also going to make a place for the guys to just go and hang out without the camp staff being around - right now the only place they can go is the cafeteria, and the staff is always around...

We are trying to nip-in-the-bud any 'cabin fever' that is starting to show up with the crews.

They really need chickens here!

Curly likes to give me conniption fits hop/flapping up onto the window last summer

View attachment 3398224
I too will be watching the Super Bowl. There is only 1 team in the NFL I like and it is Kansas City. Mom hates their quarter back Mahomes. She is a Tom Brady fan, and she also loves Cincinnati Bengals. The last game we watched in my room. I was stretched out on my bed when it first started and she warned me if Kansas City scored she was kicking me in the knee. I sat up out of firing range and proceeded to gloat when Kansas City scored first. She does not care about Philidelphia at all. But she wants them to win so MY team looses this year.

I hear you - same up here - that is why I drive the 3+ hrs into Peace on Sunday's - to get away from everyone and push a cart at Walmart like a real person... eat junk food at McD's.

I hope you do something fun and different, I tell people that even if you are not interested in what you are planning on doing, it will give you something different to think about and talk about ❤️

This past weekend here we have had some 'trouble' with the crews - bush party down the road and nefarious activities going on (whispers of booze and drug running here), and someone was arrested (that is the talk of the crews!), and a 'few' had a stern talking to and made examples of. The guys have been overheard saying there is nothing to do here in this camp. And of course like 'kids' the will make their own fun......

So yesterday I met with the other camp coordinator and this camp's manager, we will be having a Super Bowl party on Sunday, and I will plan on getting 'Fight Night' on the Satellite TV for the crews. I am getting a bunch of junk foods for the guys (chips, snacks, the Cook will make pizza...). We are also going to make a place for the guys to just go and hang out without the camp staff being around - right now the only place they can go is the cafeteria, and the staff is always around...

We are trying to nip-in-the-bud any 'cabin fever' that is starting to show up with the crews.

They really need chickens here!

Curly likes to give me conniption fits hop/flapping up onto the window last summer

View attachment 3398224
I love that cute girl

Two headless chickens
20230207_114425.jpg

They moved to fast :rant

I was afraid by last nights behavior at bedtime where I had a hard time collecting the chicks that having to chase them around Louis stall has made them fearful of me. This mornings behavior confirmed it. Normally when I come out to let Chiquita and the chicks out of the tote they come to me to be picked up and will even perch in my hand for a minute. Today they were running away from me and panicking when I touched them. Crap, there goes the last week and a half for work down the drain. I'm going to have to bribe them again it seems. They love worms, so this afternoon after I hear back from the dr about Rosie's x-rays I'm going to go dig up a handful of worms and unless they hop in my hand they are not getting them.

Back
Top Bottom