I was calling Coco some off the wall names today. But when I called her “Snapchat” she growled at me like she was insulted! :idunno I called her feather brain and she said nothing. I called her poop machine and she said nothing.
I won’t ever understand that bird! :th
I do now understand that bird. As she sat on her perch just staring, my anger grew as I started swearing 🤬 she stood firm as I walked through the door. All she had to say to me, it was obvious, and right on key…… “never more “

Sorry Edgar, :oops:

Twofer Tuesday
Here is Babs checking out the view from the nest boxes on the upper floor. Her guardian Eli sticking firmly to her side.
And yes, Bernie is stalking them both from the perch above.
BCA13D95-F639-432E-8E44-02AB285DCFFF.jpeg

Todays morning treat for my flock family
Lucy Lu

Lucy12.JPG
Cia
IMG_2752.JPG
Misty
IMG_2781.JPG
Everyone eating treats
IMG_2807.JPG
Willow with her floppy wattle
IMG_2785.JPG
Zeus
IMG_2756.JPG
Hades and the gang
IMG_2801.JPG
Hades
IMG_2731.JPG
Goldie
IMG_2793.JPG
Hades sharing a treat with the girls
IMG_2802.JPG
Cia and the gang
IMG_2798.JPG
Dottie getting a drink
IMG_2748.JPG
Drink time
IMG_2117.JPG
Zeus
IMG_2764.JPG
Hades and the girls
IMG_2750.JPG

Zeus
IMG_2756.JPG

I do now understand that bird. As she sat on her perch just staring, my anger grew as I started swearing 🤬 she stood firm as I walked through the door. All she had to say to me, it was obvious, and right on key…… “never more “

What has Coco done to provoke such anger and name calling?
Or was she perched and sat and nothing more.

Yes it was a worm. Chiquita is one of 3 hens that will actively encourage their chicks to eat worms. Momma Hen and Raven are the other 2. The rest of the momma's I have had are not keen on teaching their chicks worms are good. Grub worms though, that is a different story. Those are fair game to everyone, myself included. I want those grubs to go fishing with. There are 2 spots in the summer where I can easily find them. It is a fight for me to get them in the bucket, I'm being mobbed. I also have to keep my bait can raised over my head because they are not above stealing them out of it.
yaaaa - darn chickens stealing my stuff! Smart little turnips!

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door—
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door—
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

(Sir Edgar Allan Poe - The Raven)

Back
Top Bottom