I do now understand that bird. As she sat on her perch just staring, my anger grew as I started swearing 🤬 she stood firm as I walked through the door. All she had to say to me, it was obvious, and right on key…… “never more “

Sorry Edgar, :oops:
But the Raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing farther then he uttered—not a feather then he fluttered—
Till I scarcely more than muttered “Other friends have flown before—
On the morrow he will leave me, as my Hopes have flown before.”
Then the bird said “Nevermore.”

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door—
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door—
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

(Sir Edgar Allan Poe - The Raven)
Yep

It was that off-hand comment that shocked me into realizing I needed to do something. Funny how that happened.
Freudian slip! We know more about what we think and need than we realize (or allow ourselves to acknowledge) sometimes.:hugs:hugs

I am glad you are taking steps to 'correct' this/take care of your mental health!! It is so important.:thumbsup🥰:thumbsup

I do now understand that bird. As she sat on her perch just staring, my anger grew as I started swearing 🤬 she stood firm as I walked through the door. All she had to say to me, it was obvious, and right on key…… “never more “

Sorry Edgar, :oops:
You do know you have lots here that are more than happy to 'chat' up a storm like a gaggle of geese - right?

I find Poe to be rather dark... I prefer many of Shakespear's thoughts on happiness and humour, he had a sense of humour in most of his writings... even his dark writings.

"Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing.”
(Shakespeare - Troilus and Cressida)
Poetry in motion Tax
IMG_0318.JPG

I’m pretty sure that Kelly is going to say something about that to me! :oops:
(Bet she goes.. still beating heart on me!) :eek:
That’s Shakespeare not Edgar A P .
Oh you! hahaha - behave! You don't need to going down the path to madness - owning chickens is madness!

Yep saw that :)

I think we need to send Alex a bust - but not just any old bust - but one of Poe - or Shakespeare hahaha - so he can put it out in the Coop and the kiddos can sit on it... he can wax poetic while Jaffar sleeps on his lap :)
The raven perches on a ‘bust of Pallas’ which I think means the Goddess Athena.
Do we have any chickens called Athena?

Back
Top Bottom