Yep saw that :)

I think we need to send Alex a bust - but not just any old bust - but one of Poe - or Shakespeare hahaha - so he can put it out in the Coop and the kiddos can sit on it... he can wax poetic while Jaffar sleeps on his lap :)
I can put the bust in between my ones of Beethoven and Mr. Lincoln. I never received the one of Ronald Reagan! :(

Well maybe Eli has Babs checking them out for her, then when she finds one she likes Eli will hop in and pop out an Egg!

Do you know what colour eggs they will likely lay?
I hadn't even thought of that devious possibility!
Babs is still in there - I am not going to look until she comes out 'cos I don't want to spook her as you just know she will then find some random place to lay and knowing her it will be up in the rafters. So I keep checking the cameras for signs of movement but she has been in the nearly an hour now. Wish I could figure how to get a camera actually inside the nest boxes!
@bgmathteach will know what colors are likely from her lovely chickens but I think she mentioned blue is a possibility.
Incidentally none of this is prompting Bernie at 10 months old to consider laying an egg herself!

Yes. First time. But to be clear Eli hasn’t even been in the nest boxes. She is still just guarding Babs who is going into them back and forth between snacks.
Yes, but other hens sing the song with/for the one who laid....so Eli may be prepping to sing with Babs. It just made me think the time is neigh!!

@bgmathteach will know what colors are likely from her lovely chickens but I think she mentioned blue is a possibility.
Incidentally none of this is prompting Bernie at 10 months old to consider laying an egg herself!
Yes, her egg should be a 'slateiy blue' color. Mom would have laid a light brown egg , and dad is an EE and his girls (Babs & Eli's older sisters)have been laying eggs like the blue/green ones in the picture below. I suspect hers/theirs will look like the lighter one in the middle of the 5 blue/green eggs. It is prettier than it looks in the picture. The very bale brown give the blue just a hint of slate color or 'hint/essence' of green. Hers might be a hair darker - that one was lighter than most. But, shouldn't be a real green, either, because the brown coloring is too light. I had posted a better pic, but I'm not finding it on FBA right now, and lunch break is almost over...so this will have to do atm. :(
IMG_2530[1].JPG

Sorry you are feeling down Alex. Is it warm enough to sit outside and just enjoy some natural light (and of course chickens)?
I spend a big part of my day with the chooks. Rain or shine. Plenty of coverage for us to stay dry.
But it’s uncomfortably cold outside, this close to the mountains.

Back
Top Bottom