Hi, everyone. Sorry, I’ve been so absent. Some of you know that the thread has kind of gotten away from me. Keeping up it’s just not really something I can do. However, I do like to pop in when I can and look forward to if and when Sunday synopsis starts up.

I was out with the girls this weekend and got at least one photo of each of them. Today I am home sick with Covid. Unbelievable! I just had it leas than a year ago. So far, this time around is not as bad as the first time, but the headache is pretty intense.

Covid and Just Because Tax
CDA0AF23-A0BF-4BC7-A38E-2AD73ACF61FD.jpeg

6984B4C9-82BD-44A3-8D3B-2F6EAF9E2B10.jpeg

4D99C7C4-8DCD-4D09-8B3F-2B46325867E6.jpeg

108EB473-BA70-4BB2-AB2D-488164BFA409.jpeg

5A88E126-8551-44DF-9D67-D3CA6E82220A.jpeg

C6B1A842-4786-4841-8FF2-C4B18E4BD08F.jpeg

8AD915EA-BEB4-4394-9705-D6EE79255720.jpeg

I love my birds so much. It’s kind of weird that I’m down to seven and no longer have any “blondes”. I lost Sunshine, Cashew, and Lucky all within the last year or less and they were the only blondes I had.

And in other news, my potential new breeder is just popping eggs into the incubator so I could have chicks at the end of March or early April. I’m hoping for two each of Isabella Leghorns and French Blue Copper Marans.

Last edited:
No SHRA - the rest of us were stumped!
I am off out to have a serious nutrition conversation with my Princesses. Yours eat broccoli? Amazing!
Mine like cooked broccoli and raw kale. I never thought of trying raw broccoli, chopped up. That’s a great idea! Mine absolutely love shredded zucchini, too. And I think that helps support their egg shells.

Last edited:
Yes indeed. I am deeply superstitious when it comes to the snow shovel. It has pride of place by the garage door until August. And then it is hardly worth putting away in case it snows in October.
Our shovels either hang (to hold against wind) or are propped, by every door to our house. They live there permanently!
Tax.
Someone in the nest box, impression is it's Peanut. She's laying an egg, taking a nap, or both. I did notice the golf ball, which was previously left out by it's lonesome on the other end when someone else was laying, is now safely gathered up under her.
Screenshot_20230308-103752.png

Hi, everyone. Sorry, I’ve been so absent. Some of you know that the thread has kind of gotten away from me. Keep it up it’s just not really something I can do. However, I do like to pop in when I can and look forward to if and when Sunday synopsis starts up.

I was out with the girls this weekend and got at least one photo of each of them. Today I am home sick with Covid. Unbelievable! I just had it leas than a year ago. So far, this time around is not as bad as the first time, but the headache is pretty intense.

Covid and Just Because TaxView attachment 3425506
View attachment 3425507
View attachment 3425508
View attachment 3425509
View attachment 3425510
View attachment 3425512
View attachment 3425513

I love my birds so much. It’s kind of weird that I’m down to seven and no longer have any “blondes”. I lost Sunshine, Cashew, and Lucky all within the last year or less and they were the only blondes I had.

And in other news, my potential new breeder is just popping eggs into the incubator so I could have chicks at the end of March or early April. I’m hoping for two each of Isabella Leghorns and French Blue Copper Marans.
Your girls are looking lovely. :love :love

How is Lil' Mill's limp? The last video with her in it, I felt so bad for her :( She is such a cutie and a sweetie.🥰 Hope she is doing okay!:fl

Hope you are feeling better soon, too! :hugs :hugs

Last edited:
Rough Day at Work

Everyone, odds are very long that any ask aurora will be posted today. I am dealing with a crisis at work that is into its 3rd day.
Hugs for you::hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Wishes that the crisis turns around soon::fl:fl:fl:fl

More hugs for you, just because they are probably needed::hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

P.S. Let Aurora know that Phyllis could fill in for her - Phyllis is proficient on BeakBook, so she could probably handle pecking up a letter in word! 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Last edited:
Hi, everyone. Sorry, I’ve been so absent. Some of you know that the thread has kind of gotten away from me. Keep it up it’s just not really something I can do. However, I do like to pop in when I can and look forward to if and when Sunday synopsis starts up.

Covid and Just Because TaxView attachment 3425506
View attachment 3425507
View attachment 3425508
View attachment 3425509
View attachment 3425510
View attachment 3425512
View attachment 3425513

Loving seeing pictures of your ladies whenever you get the chance. Sorry about Covid, you have certainly had a rough go of it. Get well soon.

Your girls are looking lovely. :love :love

How is Lil' Mill's limp? The last video with her in it, I felt so bad for her :( She is such a cutie and a sweetie.🥰 Hope she is doing okay!:fl

Hope you are feeling better soon, too! :hugs :hugs
Thank you! Little Mill’s limp is as bad as ever. Poor girl. It has worsened over the years. I occasionally try some CBD on her but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Maybe if I used it more regularly and threw in some aspirin or ibuprofen now and then. I take her down from the roost every morning, along with bridge. Poor girl also has a swollen belly.

Back
Top Bottom