Does the spur grow back? I may need to do this to Pastel because he is starting to get an attitude towards me, and I am not willing to re-home him. He is also getting aggressive with BBQ, and its fir no reason.
A few days ago I saw him grab feathers off her back, and he didn't try to mate.
It’s getting into the season. And yes they grow back. My very tame rooster still pecks around my feet when I’m around his ladies. (Poor little guy is torn up by emotions)

yes, 5 toes is good. Pink skin though....Silkies are supposed to have black skin.
So, that means they aren't true silkies - more likely a silkie cross?
I thought the white one's 'feathers' looked different, not quite the same fuzzball as the other. It looked like they has some longer, 'silken threads', which I thought odd for a just hatched baby. Thoughts on that?

(P.S. @ValarieF - even if 'she' isn't full on silkie ...the 'blonde one' is adorable at this stage none-the-less!)

It’s getting into the season. And yes they grow back. My very tame rooster still pecks around my feet when I’m around his ladies. (Poor little guy is torn up by emotions)
He loves you . . . but . . . you are still a male, and he has very desirable ladies . . so, any good Roo would be keeping an eye on you, too! :lau Especially since the ladies are clearly smitten on you and sometimes choose your coop over his!

Good afternoon everyone. My luck has ran out. I had been fortunate not to get sick the last few times Rosie came down with something. Yesterday it hit me like a ton of bricks. I caught her crud. I may make it out to gather eggs, I may not.
Someone will be brooding a hidden nest when you're able again. Take care of yourself.

The weather will be what it is. I can then complain about it. It is good to have something to complain about.
True and wise! Can’t change the weather but it sure is fun whining about it!

The tax one must pay is worth it 🥰

Tax for Pony Sunday

Llamas and goats oh me oh my!

Tess (yes a llama) is not looking very happy with me! At least she didn’t spit on me this time!
1AEB3FCD-686F-4D5A-9EEA-F1A60908716D.jpeg

Goats are just too cute and these kiddos know how to beg for treats
F269E114-9D8B-44D6-8508-FAE35252FCB5.jpeg
DA57B8D8-D1F4-4FD1-A0A1-067EEBA66EF3.jpeg
33DBD117-88AF-4E80-93D5-2824425BF767.jpeg

Good afternoon everyone. My luck has ran out. I had been fortunate not to get sick the last few times Rosie came down with something. Yesterday it hit me like a ton of bricks. I caught her crud. I may make it out to gather eggs, I may not.
Oh no! That just sucks so sorry to hear this, but better to get over it now before the nice summer weather arrives.

Here is a fluffy butt to make you smile
EFF373D9-DA74-40F4-A3BB-A08E48503A87.jpeg

Your chickens look really happy in these pictures. I would love to do something like this for my chickens. We built a coop for them a year ago and provide them with the option of either free range or just chilling in the kennel. I have 9 barred rock hens and 1 barred rock rooster. They are really friendly and will chase me whenever I decide to walk around the yard.
Welcome! I love Barred Rocks esp if they lovely wattles 🥰🥰

We would all love to see photos when you get a chance ❤️

Back
Top Bottom