Crazy chooks! I did a search of the barn the other day, just to make sure there were no hidden spots!! Don’t want to end with a stash like that! 😊
How’s about a stash like I just found under my porch? 2F9A360D-F610-46E0-9CDB-954CC736C385.jpeg

Here is a handy hint for retrieving eggs from awkward locations, in case you need it!
Get a small can - an empty 3oz cat food tin is perfect. Nail it to the end of a long but relatively light piece of wood (I used those furring strips that they use in roofing and behind dry wall if the framing isn’t true).
It is like a giant spoon/scoop.
Works a treat. Don’t ask me how I know!
I'd been pondering. Alternatively dropping rocks in to break the eggs: disturbed nest = bad spot to nest... time to have a tuna sandwich this week to get the can. Then go hunting for an 8 foot pole...

I think I have a pesky poltergeist in my coop. I’m gonna need Mr. P’s help with that! Some eggs are moved around, and feed dishes are thrown all over the place. :idunno
Or….. maybe just a raccoon- do you even have raccoons out there ?

Check out these tracks from this morning, on my way to the barn and saw these coon prints.

DA39E438-6795-4D69-9ED6-00809240C956.jpeg

Need to get my run finished with electric fencing.

Back
Top Bottom