@BY Bob I noticed the same thing, Betty’s toes were away, and she’s on the perpendicular roost. But Phyllis didn’t go after her at least! Since Betty’s directly facing the warming panel, maybe as a frizzle she really needed a little warming. ❤️
I turned off the heating panel yesterday. I hope she wasn't looking for warmth.

Last edited:
Thirsty Thursday

No takes for the wild water, but they did brave the rain

1E4323FA-FBB8-4CBE-AEE4-5075E587FAC2.jpeg
A6DF9CB9-766F-42C4-8A73-ECFB4DDF04FF.jpeg
8602A174-06CB-41A2-BC99-70290953545E.jpeg

Ready for the day!

I must get cracking, stalls first, then tackle the Hen House.

Need to drive my chosen eggs to my friends place this afternoon, for their daughters to place in the bator this weekend 🥰 that should have them hatching the same days I get my other chicks. Very very eggcited to join the likes of Valarie, Rebecca, Chicken Poppy, and everyone else who has or is getting chicks 💕

Need to make bread, but I will do that tomorrow, just checked the barn cam and the chooks are out and about (or as we say here in Canada ooot n aboot 😊)

View attachment 3441026
Well I had to give up on the hen house as I got dancing (I used to do all sorts and belly dancing is fun) anywhooo needless to say I am desperately out of shape and threw my back - my shimmy was more a sideways slip of the back discs…. 🤨

The chickens were looking at me like I was totally gone off the deep end :lau:lau

But so much fun… Come on Buttercup shake your bootie !!

in the Hen House I leveled up the nestboxes at the back, need to put some new curtains up for the gals.
image.jpg

At the end where the doors is I decided to keep the old nestbox unit as the silkies like to use them and its only a couple inches higher them the new roosts will be, for now I placed a plank from one end to the other for the night to roost on.
image.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I can get it all done, I will leave the music off so as not to get all motivated to get ‘Footloose’ (great song 😁).

Edit: FYI it’s darn tootin hard to belly dance in rubber boots 😝

Last edited:
Oh my gosh I am in love. It looks like 2 blue/greys, 1 black, 1 white and the one with the black spot on it's head may be a paint. I would take a better picture of it and post it on the "Silkies-they are simply spectacular" thread and ask. There are several members there who have or breed paint silkies.
Oh I know aren’t they just adorable
🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Makes me wish I had a silkie Roo for my silkie gals :love

Well I had to give up on the hen house as I got dancing (I used to do all sorts and belly dancing is fun) anywhooo needless to say I am desperately out of shape and threw my back - my shimmy was more a sideways slip of the back discs…. 🤨

The chickens were looking at me like I was totally gone off the deep end :lau:lau

But so much fun… Come on Buttercup shake your bootie !!

in the Hen House I leveled up the nestboxes at the back, need to put some new curtains up for the gals.
View attachment 3441429

At the end where the doors is I decided to keep the old nestbox unit as the silkies like to use them and its only a couple inches higher them the new roosts will be, for now I placed a plank from one end to the other for the night to roost on.
View attachment 3441430

Hopefully tomorrow I can get it all done, I will leave the music off so as not to get all motivated to get ‘Footloose’ (great song 😁).

Edit: FYI it’s darn tootin hard to belly dance in rubber boots 😝
I shouldn't laugh because you are in pain, and I really hope you stop aching soon, but I can so totally imagine you trying to get the chickens to dance with you!
:lau

Bad news. Next door rooster came loose in my yard and fought Jaffar. My rooster lost that fight. :( I’m doing my best to save him.
He’s very tired and his comb is bleeding. He’s laying on me right now and I fixed the bleeding. God i hope the little guy makes it. :fl 🙏

Back
Top Bottom