He’s drinking! :wee Electrolytes in the water. But he has a hard time opening his eyes.
Good - that is a good sign, will he eat? Try him with any treats he likes - meal worms, steak, toast and butter - my kiddos go nuts for toast - I have a very hard time eating toast around them.

Don’t worry about him keeping his eyes open, he could just be completely exhausted. Keep him warm and quiet and get some sugar water into him - actually some toast with honey would be good, honey is what athletes use on marathons it’s a perfect sugar easy to digest.

He must have fought for his life to be this messed up. The other rooster was twice his size,
Poor wee fella, I sure hope you can keep that other Roo away, that’s just horrible, your wee fella is just not built for fighting.

That’s why Mr P came here, the ladies other Roos were beating him up, and no wonder with that mop he can’t see anything!

Jaffar is wee and elderly he is not a fighter he is a lover 💕

Bad news. Next door rooster came loose in my yard and fought Jaffar. My rooster lost that fight. :( I’m doing my best to save him.
I going to loop Kris in, her Roo had a seriously bad thumping this past winter, he pulled through with some TLC she might have something to add.

@Kris5902 Alex’s Roo Jaffar was in a brawl with a neighbour’s Roo twice his aide.

To catch you up Alex has given him nutradrench which he drinking with electrolytes, he is being kept warm and quiet.

I hate seeing him this way. He’s drinking but his eyes are closed. He’s standing up but not too steady on his feet.
This little rooster has been thru a lot.
Kicked by a human, dog attacks twice
Now a rooster has beat him up. :old :(
Poor wee fella, glad he has you to keep him warm and safe.

I hate seeing him this way. He’s drinking but his eyes are closed. He’s standing up but not too steady on his feet.
This little rooster has been thru a lot.
Kicked by a human, dog attacks twice
Now a rooster has beat him up. :old :(
He is likely completely exhausted, and likely in shock. Warmth, quiet, and calories as Bob stated.

Ok I will check in later to see how he is, I am going to try to get some sleep myself - don’t worry In about 90 min I will be awake with my RLS…. I will get an update then. Hope it’s a good one 💕

Looks like the rest of the week is looking good. Sunday is the perfect day to celebrate Grandma's birthday.
Weather Screenshot 25.jpg

So, where's my cornbread?
IMG_1965.jpg

My little guinea is doing okay. I am just worried about Jaffar. I can't believe that happened. I'm gonna find out where your neighbors live and ring out that roosters neck. Or stick his head into a cone and chop off his head. I've done the second one before. It was a meat bird. Just stuck it upside down into a cine and took a sharp knife to its neck. Not to Pastel, I promise!! He keeps up the attitude though, chicken and dump- I didn't say anything 🙄
20230311_191905.jpg

Back
Top Bottom