I think that leaf in there adds something because that looks like a 65 at best according to Phyllis.

View attachment 3441703
She told me the leaf added a touch of vegetal and tannic overtones on an otherwise earthy vintage. She also suggested I try some, but I declined.

šŸ·šŸ·

Why not try an epsom salt bath?
Jaffar does not need any stress at all rightnow and baths can be stressful for some chickens. The best thing is quiet rest and quick calories. Neutradrench can also help if you have it @featherhead007 His glucose could be dangerously low.

Jaffar does not need any stress at all rightnow and baths can be stressful for some chickens. The best thing is quiet rest and quick calories. Neutradrench can also help if you have it @featherhead007 His glucose could be dangerously low.
I'm not an expert but I saw a youtube video where there was a lethargic chicken and someone gave the chicken an epsom salt bath and it went from 0 to 75% active maybe even 100%. Just an idea. Whatever works for Jaffar.

She told me the leaf added a touch of vegetal and tannic overtones on an otherwise earthy vintage. She also suggested I try some, but I declined.

šŸ·šŸ·
Good move, I personally have never cottoned to leaf water, though I have had plenty of time tasted earthy manure water - also dislike it mostly due to having to pick sand from my teethā€¦

The chooks though seem to have developed a liking to the stuff - probably because they donā€™t have teeth to pick sand from šŸ˜³

I'm not an expert but I saw a youtube video where there was a lethargic chicken and someone gave the chicken an epsom salt bath and it went from 0 to 75% active maybe even 100%. Just an idea. Whatever works for Jaffar.
Shock needs to be treated with quiet and warmth, and if he will take it the sugar water. Once he is out of danger of shock in a couple days a warm foot soak in Epson salts might help sooth any aches.

I can say that none of my chooks will tolerate bathing, and I have running hot water in my barn.

But did notice Mr P, Sophia and Henny drinking the very warm water I was using to clean their feed bowls.

They all stated it was an 87/100, the whole grain flavour was enhanced by the hot water!

31B28CF5-229B-4E56-B71B-C0D0E6B6CFA4.jpeg

Yay. Thatā€™s a good start!
Any way you can get some sugar into him? Nutridrench, sugar water, honey - all good in shock situations along with electrolytes.
He has poultry NutriDrench in the water. Itā€™s gonna be a long day for us both. Iā€™m thinking positive about him recovering from this.

Back
Top Bottom