@featherhead007
Somewhat surprisingly to me the NIH says you can give acetaminophen (the active ingredient in Tylenol) to birds.
The only study I can find used 10mg/kg intramuscularly. I can keep looking for an oral dose for you if you don't have anything with ibuprofen or aspirin (you really should keep baby aspirin in your chicken first aid kit!).

@featherhead007
Somewhat surprisingly to me the NIH says you can give acetaminophen (the active ingredient in Tylenol) to birds.
The only study I can find used 10mg/kg intramuscularly. I can keep looking for an oral dose for you if you don't have anything with ibuprofen or aspirin (you really should keep baby aspirin in your chicken first aid kit!).
Yes mamm. I can give Jaffar a tiny dose of Tylenol if it’s going to help him

How do you get only 10mg? Those pills are like 200mg for a human - you would need to get them compounded!
Capsules emptied onto a digital scale for small amounts. You are looking to get likely 10% of the human dose assuming a 2kg chicken.
I know, not easy - which is why aspirin is much easier!
I think it is relatively safe so if you go a bit over not a big deal.

She took my blood pressure (knowing my history) and wanted to take me to hospital. Haha. No problem didn’t go. I’m trying to take care of my feathered family
Well what was it?

You need to eat oranges, bananas, potatoes, and other foods high in potassium. Lay off the sugars and caffeine, and get some aerobic exercise.

You chooks will thank you!
Rose, and Hennny behind her
3E1E246D-5AFC-4D24-ABB0-C0CBF6700AEC.jpeg

Ok that’s encouraging 💕

But she is correct, you need to take care of yourself in order to be able to care for your chooks! What would happen to them if you got really ill !??? You need to eat right, take your meds, and maybe go for a nice walk daily.

You need to be healthy, and be there for when Xzit goes broody and raises a brood of jaffar minions!
:goodpost:

She took my blood pressure (knowing my history) and wanted to take me to hospital. Haha. No problem didn’t go. I’m trying to take care of my feathered family
It sounds to me like Jaffar will be fine with some rest - now I am more worried about you.

Well what was it?

You need to eat oranges, bananas, potatoes, and other foods high in potassium. Lay off the sugars and caffeine, and get some aerobic exercise.

You chooks will thank you!
Rose, and Hennny behind her
View attachment 3442905
182 over 92 . Pulse rate way too high. After all, she’s a very cute veterinarian (just saying)

Back
Top Bottom