I received my Omnipod training this afternoon and have it inserted finally. The next few days will be nerve wrecking for me. Our goal it to tighten my numbers up and keep my levels as close to 120 as possible. Not going to lie, this scares the crap out of me. The only reason I say this is for years the 120 to 130 range would mean a sudden drop is going to happen and within 20 minutes or so I am down to 50 or below. I know it is not ideal, but my happy stable range has been 140 to 150. Since the pump has been inserted for a few hours now, I have been been hovering between 80 to 110. A hour into it I dropped to 65. This was warned as a possibility for a few hours today as I would take my 24 hour lasting insulin around 11 each night so there is still some of it in my body. I think I will finally relax a little bit after the first 24 hours of it being inserted.

I received my Omnipod training this afternoon and have it inserted finally. The next few days will be nerve wrecking for me. Our goal it to tighten my numbers up and keep my levels as close to 120 as possible. Not going to lie, this scares the crap out of me. The only reason I say this is for years the 120 to 130 range would mean a sudden drop is going to happen and within 20 minutes or so I am down to 50 or below. I know it is not ideal, but my happy stable range has been 140 to 150. Since the pump has been inserted for a few hours now, I have been been hovering between 80 to 110. A hour into it I dropped to 65. This was warned as a possibility for a few hours today as I would take my 24 hour lasting insulin around 11 each night so there is still some of it in my body. I think I will finally relax a little bit after the first 24 hours of it being inserted.
Good luck! Does the pump test your sugar and auto-adjust?

Using my phone.
Do you take photos on your phone?

If so you can select the option “Attach files”, if you have an iPhone it will give you options on where to find the photo you too.

Choose “Photo library”

Select the photo you want and click “Add”

Next a small image of the photo will be seen with you message, you will see the word “Insert” on the image - click that, and select “Full image”.
The photo will be shown full size in your message 😊

99FAFB4C-AAEF-4201-81EB-A00C7B9376EA.jpeg
99FAFB4C-AAEF-4201-81EB-A00C7B9376EA.jpeg

My hopes dashed.
For several nights now the Math Majors have been roosting on the main roost with Babs taking the much prized slot by the wall and Bernie across the way on a different roost.

This evening Bernie decided to stay up late to lay an egg and by the time she emerged into the dark Chicken Palace the other two were up in the rafters again.

:th

Just relax, it will be fine, you will be fine
💕💕💕

I know, you know this will help you, I am just glad you’re finally able to use the latest technology.

Hey how are the marshmallows today 🥰

I thought Marty was going broody 3x she was in the nestbox after she laid her egg, freaked me out a bit…. But she seems ok otherwise.

Good luck! Does the pump test your sugar and auto-adjust?
The pump is paired with my Dexcom G6 senser. The dexcom gets a new reading every 5 minutes and communicates it to the pump. Now according to my training today, the dexcom has the ability to predict what my glucose is going to be a hour in advance. If it senses it is going to be high it will automatically give insulin to prevent the high. If it senses it is going to drop it will decrease or even pause insulin delivery. The problem right now is that this becomes more accurate and effective over time as trends are somehow saved into the omnipods memory. Just starting out for the first couple days there is no trends for it to rely on.

My hopes dashed.
For several nights now the Math Majors have been roosting on the main roost with Babs taking the much prized slot by the wall and Bernie across the way on a different roost.

This evening Bernie decided to stay up late to lay an egg and by the time she emerged into the dark Chicken Palace the other two were up in the rafters again.

:th
Drats! Well better luck tomorrow night ❤️

The pump is paired with my Dexcom G6 senser. The dexcom gets a new reading every 5 minutes and communicates it to the pump. Now according to my training today, the dexcom has the ability to predict what my glucose is going to be a hour in advance. If it senses it is going to be high it will automatically give insulin to prevent the high. If it senses it is going to drop it will decrease or even pause insulin delivery. The problem right now is that this becomes more accurate and effective over time as trends are somehow saved into the omnipods memory. Just starting out for the first couple days there is no trends for it to rely on.
Amazing!
I know it is stressful as it settles, but it is amazing technology.

Crazy roosting again!

But it’s funny how tonight they are in 2 groups

View attachment 3446297View attachment 3446298

Fluffy is living dangerously roosting there.
Oh that’s Curly not Fluffy!

Fluffy is again in her preferred nest box 🥰

Dorothy has lots of space hahaha she looks very content.

Well I guess I better get out there and feed horses, drag Misty from the door top, and close up the Hen House.

Back
Top Bottom