Do you take photos on your phone?

If so you can select the option “Attach files”, if you have an iPhone it will give you options on where to find the photo you too.

Choose “Photo library”

Select the photo you want and click “Add”

Next a small image of the photo will be seen with you message, you will see the word “Insert” on the image - click that, and select “Full image”.
The photo will be shown full size in your message 😊

View attachment 3446284
View attachment 3446284
I accidentally inserted the photo twice 🤭

The pump is paired with my Dexcom G6 senser. The dexcom gets a new reading every 5 minutes and communicates it to the pump. Now according to my training today, the dexcom has the ability to predict what my glucose is going to be a hour in advance. If it senses it is going to be high it will automatically give insulin to prevent the high. If it senses it is going to drop it will decrease or even pause insulin delivery. The problem right now is that this becomes more accurate and effective over time as trends are somehow saved into the omnipods memory. Just starting out for the first couple days there is no trends for it to rely on.
Just go with the flow, let it do it’s thing, I know you know this will be an amazing piece of technology to assist you. My cousins son uses this and it has been great for him.

Isn’t modern technology great?

Technology tax
Another awesome technology, one can spy on the chooks now!
31E91BDD-BE51-417F-ADA8-EA6E7B896B06.png

It’s doing ok I guess. Have started physical therapy, which makes me really sore for a day or so. And by then it is time to go back. So basically it is sore all the time. 😵‍💫😅😅
You know I had a hip replacement last October. I just want to encourage you to put up with soreness and do the PT exercises at home if they've told you to try to. Not sharply painful, just sore? Then do them if they've said to try. You'll be dealing with soreness for awhile, because when you get good at something PT will increase the difficulty! But down the road it will be soooo much better for you. And you can actually lessen your specific pain by strengthening everything around it.

Case in point: After I recently explained to my general practitioner the progress I've made, she told me another hip replacement patient she has in her care is still walking with a cane, six months out of surgery. Otherwise able-bodied, but that person did not and does not do the exercises at home, just stays on the couch all day.

I am walking normally and even skiing pretty well now (with some soreness the next day), five months out. My strength is pretty good and improving (forward, backward, sideways), and my flexibility is almost all back. I can put a sock and slipper or shoe on my operative leg, lifting my leg to reach my foot, without pain (silly, but that's been a personal measure of progress for me!). I am keeping up with the exercises still, increasing the difficulty and challenge, my goal being getting to and maintaining the strength and agility I had before. I do them on both legs. And I will continue, because as I get older I have seen how if you don't use it, you lose it.

Take advantage of the expertise the PT people have, and the coaching they can offer you. They know what they are doing. It really makes a difference!

PT tax:
This gorgeous rooster, I've posted about him before. He traveled over a mile, up and down two hills, through the forest, fields and two dirt roads. We heard distant crowing every now and then over a few days coming from the woods. It got louder, until one morning he was outside out house. We named him Hermanos and I gave him water and cornmeal (I didn't know about cat food or tuna or anything else then). But we got him back to his tribe and ladies safely that same day. I wish I could have a rooster!
Hermanos Rooster.JPG

This week, portraits of Peanut!

PXL_20230327_154410813.jpg

@Pastel The Rooster if you zoom in you can see her inner eyelid half-covering her eye. She's in the middle of chomping something and I think it closes at some point when they peck, wrestle or grab things with their beak.
PXL_20230327_154916479.jpg

PXL_20230327_154602582.jpg

Peanut's floof, and Hazel hanging with her
PXL_20230327_154440654.jpg

Right by the barn/garage door, which faces south, some things are growing and there's a few bugs.
PXL_20230327_154908179.jpg

But there's a good eight inches of snow in the woods here, and the snowblown piles next to the driveway are pretty deep.
PXL_20230327_155101293.jpg

Back
Top Bottom