If it is at all possible, I am going to find a solution where I control my content moving forward and no one else has any say.
I would suggest a server of your own, but that would require a stable internet connection and some bit of tech-savvy to get it up and running. Also not sure if your provider has a limit on how much bandwidth is allowed for incoming traffic (visits to your server).

I guess it is time for a Marshmallow update. They are doing marvelous and spend less time with Chiquita. Their primary stomping ground is the backyard. Chiquita never took them out to the front yard and so far they have never been bold enough to venture around the house. They to me are still small, but, I tell myself that is normal they are never going to be big chickens. While they still have their baby cheeps, I look at them now and see a mini comb less leghorn and not a random white chick. Anything they can fly up on, they will and it becomes their playground. The lawnmower and 4-wheeler parked out back are a favorite jungle gym. I can already see how our relationship is going to be and that they will never be lap and cuddle chickens. I am ok with that, I have those already. I can sit close to them, or they will come and gather around me when I sit down. They watch every move I make. Very nosey chicks. They will eat out of my hand as long as I do not try to touch or pick up. I can pet them at night once they are on the roost, no other time. While I am not allowed to touch them, if the mood strikes them they are allowed to touch me. And by that I mean if they want to use me as a spring board to go higher onto something they will. They have watched the other chickens defend the yard against evil trespassers. They now work as a unit to chase off any bird that dares to land around the back steps. These chicks are smart, super smart. I cannot be sad one bit that they are not wanting to be held all the time because I love watching the wheels in their brains turn. I've already been outsmarted when it comes to feeding time. That constant watching of me, they have learned where the feed is stored. They have also learned that when I feed everyone I leave the lid open until I am done. Why should they fight with the mob for those first few bites when all they have to do is wait 3 seconds for me to walk away. Hello entire bag of open feed all to themselves. Little devils. I will say it now while they are still young, if the world is ever taken over by chickens. You can bet there is a leghorn at the top calling all the shots.
Oh My Gosh - they sound just like chickens that I need here :)

I am so glad your mum went and got them, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them grow up đź’•

Next step - laying that first egg!

I guess it is time for a Marshmallow update. They are doing marvelous and spend less time with Chiquita. Their primary stomping ground is the backyard. Chiquita never took them out to the front yard and so far they have never been bold enough to venture around the house. They to me are still small, but, I tell myself that is normal they are never going to be big chickens. While they still have their baby cheeps, I look at them now and see a mini comb less leghorn and not a random white chick. Anything they can fly up on, they will and it becomes their playground. The lawnmower and 4-wheeler parked out back are a favorite jungle gym. I can already see how our relationship is going to be and that they will never be lap and cuddle chickens. I am ok with that, I have those already. I can sit close to them, or they will come and gather around me when I sit down. They watch every move I make. Very nosey chicks. They will eat out of my hand as long as I do not try to touch or pick up. I can pet them at night once they are on the roost, no other time. While I am not allowed to touch them, if the mood strikes them they are allowed to touch me. And by that I mean if they want to use me as a spring board to go higher onto something they will. They have watched the other chickens defend the yard against evil trespassers. They now work as a unit to chase off any bird that dares to land around the back steps. These chicks are smart, super smart. I cannot be sad one bit that they are not wanting to be held all the time because I love watching the wheels in their brains turn. I've already been outsmarted when it comes to feeding time. That constant watching of me, they have learned where the feed is stored. They have also learned that when I feed everyone I leave the lid open until I am done. Why should they fight with the mob for those first few bites when all they have to do is wait 3 seconds for me to walk away. Hello entire bag of open feed all to themselves. Little devils. I will say it now while they are still young, if the world is ever taken over by chickens. You can bet there is a leghorn at the top calling all the shots.
How wondeful!

Back
Top Bottom