Video Taken Down

YouTube has decided to take down the video of the fight between Hattie and Aurora from a few years back because "Content showing the malicious infliction of physical or psychological harm to animals isn’t allowed on YouTube."

I appealed on the ground that it was educational, not malicious in any way, and was denied.

Therefore, as of this moment, I am shutting down my YouTube channel. If I cannot find another means by which to share videos I will no longer be doing so.

Of course I am emotional at this point and may change my mind once I calm down but I can't see letting them make money off my content when they have accused me of maliciously inflicting physical or psychological harm to my girls.

The speed by which my appeal was denied was frightening. It was very clear they did not care to hear my thoughts. They had already made their minds up.

I do not take this accusation lightly. I will be consulting attorneys today but I expect that they will tell me I would be tilting at windmills to try and fight them on this.

I encourage you every time you view a video on YouTube to remember what they accused me of doing. I will never forget it.
That’s outrageous! I’m so sorry. Youtube is nuts with that stuff. If it makes you feel any better, i got my video of worms in chicken feces taken down because it was “to inappropriate for their guidelines.” Yet way worse stuff is kept on there thats much more disgusting/violent. I personally find it completely ridiculous on what they decide to keep and stay, they keep videos showing improper care, like hamsters swimming in which they are DROWNING and clearly struggling to stay afloat in water with turtles and catfish yet they can’t seem to allow some chickens fighting.

Ya that sucks - I have my chrome auto logging into google, but I also use Firefox on my laptop so no google on that one!

Chickens nails really hurt when they perch on your leg!

View attachment 3448717
Mine aren’t to bad, but my big girl is afraid of heights. And YIKES does it hurt. She clenches her toes with all her might and refuses to be on your pants, she somehow burrows to your skin by moving over to your bare leg because pants are to slippery. She leaves some puncture marks. (Though of course she has never actually made a cut, it leaves a little imprint for a while.)

@BY Bob Both work without logging into anything. I am also not automatically logged into anything.

However, for BYC readers, it is really a lot easier if the videos are EMBEDDED into the posts, which is why there are only a few video host sites to choose from. DailyMotion is not great, but much less censored than YouTube.

Another tip I have for everyone is to use Brave browser. It is more private and bypasses all YouTube ads. I thought Bob would like to know that youtube is not making money from me.

I understand Bob wants to have full control, but even if you want to use onedrive or dropbox (by the way, I will go with Dropbox, Onedrive or googledrive are all copycat of dropbox and Dropbox is still far more superior), your videos can possibly quickly fill up the storage, even with a paid account.

There is a private option for DailyMotion, but then only you can view it. There isn't an option like "unlisted" on youtube, I think.

@Ponypoor But why is not able to set to private a problem?
I make sure all my video are unlisted, I do not want very many people viewing my videos, just those whom I know, and there’s who ‘drop in’ will see them.

I have a thing with anything IT related that is ‘out there’ for all to see. I quit FB because they wouldn’t allow my id to be anything other than a name. Too easy for people to just post their photo and splash their face everywhere!

That’s outrageous! I’m so sorry. Youtube is nuts with that stuff. If it makes you feel any better, i got my video of worms in chicken feces taken down because it was “to inappropriate for their guidelines.” Yet way worse stuff is kept on there thats much more disgusting/violent. I personally find it completely ridiculous on what they decide to keep and stay, they keep videos showing improper care, like hamsters swimming in which they are DROWNING and clearly struggling to stay afloat in water with turtles and catfish yet they can’t seem to allow some chickens fighting.
Yep totally nuts what they think people finds ‘funny’.

I make sure all my video are unlisted, I do not want very many people viewing my videos, just those whom I know, and there’s who ‘drop in’ will see them.

I have a thing with anything IT related that is ‘out there’ for all to see. I quit FB because they wouldn’t allow my id to be anything other than a name. Too easy for people to just post their photo and splash their face everywhere!
Yes this is exactly what i do! I have a specific account for chicken things and keep them unlisted and only post the link here. Nobody else needs to see my chicken stuff. I am always worried people will take the videos or search for more information, creepy.

Yes, I think I can have the chicks shipped here. However, after what happened with Bob, I don’t think I ever want to go that route. If the local breeder here doesn’t work out, I think I will use Alchemist Farms. It’s a bit of a treck, but I can drive there. They have three breeds of chickens that can be sexed at hatch. And their unwanted males are sold very inexpensively for low income people to grow for food. It’s not perfect, but it’s a lot better than the large scale hatcheries in my opinion. I think we all have to do what we believe is morally right in our own hearts. I know some people might be appalled by that, but for me, it might be the best option I have.
Good choice ❤️

I can’t wait to see what chicks you get. Did you read - Rebecca’s eggs have pipped.

Yes agreed, my kiddos will not be allowed out unattended until I get the run completed.
I had a shock today. Two hens were gone, i saw a bunch of vultures/hawks in the sky. It would have had to been the hawks/vultures because they were both outside with me in a inclosed area.

Yeah, well, it turns out they were in the house having a nap. :th It was like 60 out! Perfect weather! They are so lazy.

2 have hatched so far. A Butter chick and the sole Goose egg. Branch is either a daddy again or a grandpa. That butter chick, black and has the silkie double toes. Due to the size difference, and the fact that Butter shakes him off every time he tries, betting Branch is a granddaddy. I will get pictures in the morning. Letting my camera charge overnight and going to try to get a few hours sleep.

Back
Top Bottom