The Video in Question

For those who haven't seen it this is the video that YouTube took down. I am trying to get YouTube to allow me to download it as I can't find it anywhere. They are not responding to me. Since I can't download it I recorded it onto my phone. The quality is awful but you will get the idea.

In the video Aurora is trying to advance past Hattie into place number 2 in the pecking order behind Lilly. Hattie is having none of it. There were 3 fights that day. I broke up 2 of them and then decided that I needed to let them finish.
You can see Lilly finishing it off herself. Lilly tried to break it up a couple of times but once Aurora injured her leg Lilly made certain Aurora knew her place.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x66ycz4cr8zhlo/20230330_145356_1.mp4?dl=0

Please let me know if you have any issues getting the link to work.
That’s what they took down?? A couple of grumpy hens squabbling??!! What the heck!

They should see Marty and Fluffy the other day! Marty is now a bald neck chicken.

How ridiculous! Utter morons, :he

If that make them take it down they should see horses fighting! And the screaming and roaring they do and kicking and chasing! I don’t see them taking those videos down😡

Northern Lights?

No unfortunately, I went outside around midnight but there were no Aurora’s ❤️

It is a lovely night though, there is a waxing gibbous moon, and due to high humidity in the atmosphere the moon has a ring around it. And those storm clouds are starting to creep in, a storm is on the way.

I check the barn cams the chooks are all snoozing
D7310990-D82E-4D3F-B25C-D90A43F20244.png

And the horses are munching on hay, Truly is attacking her hay net with a lot of enthusiasm 😊
6C3941F0-2638-497A-97C7-AE0D73F226DE.png

First group is out of the incubator and into the brooder. I think I moved 8. I have 2 freshly hatched ones still in the incubator and the weak one that I fear I am going to loose. Several more eggs are pipped as well. As if the blue chick is not bad enough, one of the wet ones, white Butter baby. Here are a few pics I managed to get after I moved them.
View attachment 3449768View attachment 3449769View attachment 3449772View attachment 3449775View attachment 3449785View attachment 3449788View attachment 3449790View attachment 3449791View attachment 3449793
OMG so cute. I love chicks.

First group is out of the incubator and into the brooder. I think I moved 8. I have 2 freshly hatched ones still in the incubator and the weak one that I fear I am going to loose. Several more eggs are pipped as well. As if the blue chick is not bad enough, one of the wet ones, white Butter baby. Here are a few pics I managed to get after I moved them.
View attachment 3449768View attachment 3449769View attachment 3449772View attachment 3449775View attachment 3449785View attachment 3449788View attachment 3449790View attachment 3449791View attachment 3449793
oh, my gosh.....the fuzzy legs are so darn cute! 🥰 🥰 🥰

And, I hate to say this, but one of the black ones is either extremely curious....or is a boy.....(which, probably means 'boy', as at this stage....that behavior....)

And that light colored one....so big and fluffy/fuzzy, nice wide stance (but not splayed!) S/he is going to be a big, cute, fluffy...then loose feathery, soft chicken!:love:love:love:love:love:love
:hmm

They welcome to visit 😊

then it would be a Silkie Roo 🥰

:goodpost: :love

I didn’t want to say anything but there is a possibility that I am heading back out west middle of next month. I knew this could be a possibility, but had hoped for a few months off, but one thing I don’t do right now is turn down work.

Covid put me behind a good 3 yrs in retirement preparation, and like many I racked up a lot of debt. And with the word out there around recession I am taking any and all work that comes my way.

If I do he’d put there I will loose the 10 chicks I ordered, I will not put that on my mother. She would just freak out I know it, and I have no one else to take them on.

If indeed I do end u going to BC, then the 6 I have in the incubator at my friends house, I will ask and see if they can keep them for me until I get home in likely December 😢😢 any Roos I will have them get rid of, I am hoping for at least a pullet each from Blanche and Sophia - if Marty has a pullet also that would be heaven. Maybe just maybe I will barter for a Silkie Roo from them.

Right now everything is up in the air, such is my life. But, for now I am home am enjoying my babies 🥰 and if the weather ever decides to get better I could finish their run!
Oh, if you get a roo from the Marty/Mr. P cross, you need to keep that one - for real! With Mr. P's genetics, and half silkie, half polish - it would be a perfect addition! AND if you could get one of your girls to brood them, it wouldn't be too bad....really - you know the moms do all the heavy lifting!🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Back
Top Bottom