I love it! I keep trying to get all my fluffy butts lined up. I even tried Bob's hack of throwing down some corn or mealworms - they liked that but somehow refused to line up for it!
No matter what I have tried I have never been able to get all of them at once. Oh well, I’ll just a have to spend more time sitting with the chickens 🤣 darn!

A story of giving ( I lack the skill of story telling Bob has but for this I had to try anyway.)

My daughter had a school project that was filling up a window of good deeds and we have been working on filling it up over the last few weeks. My daughter has been very involved with raising and caring for the chickens and I was staring at 5 dozen eggs I knew our family wouldn’t be able to use fast enough. So I called a soup kitchen not far from us. I took my daughter and those eggs in and donated them. But this isn't a story about that per say.

This is the story the gratefulness of the people that worked there for that small gift is the story. People came out of the woodwork to come look at them and say thank you and to comment about how beautiful the eggs were. As we turned to leave I heard the cook holler out “eggs on the menu for tonight”with a smile in his voice.

The experience was heartwarming for me and my daughter and we will definitely be doing more of it. If anyone has excess eggs this summer perhaps consider this as an option clearly its needed and wanted.

View attachment 3450099

Yay! How adorable! I hope you have good luck with the other sweet chickies!

First, no issues at all.

Second, pardon my initials but WTF! Seriously, THAT is the video? A couple of hens have a little tussle and they act like it's a cock fight! It HAS to have been a bot running the show. No reasonable human could think that was anything that caused physical or mental trauma to an animal. Ridiculous.

Ok...I have to look up this breed. I want one now solely for the name.

:goodpost:

Not many fluffy butts to show...but I'll toss in Manny's manly tookus for good measure. View attachment 3450104View attachment 3450105
He has a lovely derriere :) and it's clean! My kiddos have been eating too much green grass shoots and cabbage lately and their butts are rediculously messy. Need to do some cleaning up tomorrow, of bums!

Update, Jolene seems to be rapidly getting worse while Gabby seems to be slowly improving.

Jolene now sleeps with her head dangling in a way, and has it completely crooked. Her balance seems quite bad. They started pooping bright blue poop, too. I think thats due to the worm flushing though.
Oh no - poor wee lass, that is must be so hard for you, is there any pain meds one can give them to help them feel more comfortable? Like kids tylenol? :( I am thinking good thoughts here for you.

A story of giving ( I lack the skill of story telling Bob has but for this I had to try anyway.)

My daughter had a school project that was filling up a window of good deeds and we have been working on filling it up over the last few weeks. My daughter has been very involved with raising and caring for the chickens and I was staring at 5 dozen eggs I knew our family wouldn’t be able to use fast enough. So I called a soup kitchen not far from us. I took my daughter and those eggs in and donated them. But this isn't a story about that per say.

This is the story the gratefulness of the people that worked there for that small gift is the story. People came out of the woodwork to come look at them and say thank you and to comment about how beautiful the eggs were. As we turned to leave I heard the cook holler out “eggs on the menu for tonight”with a smile in his voice.

The experience was heartwarming for me and my daughter and we will definitely be doing more of it. If anyone has excess eggs this summer perhaps consider this as an option clearly its needed and wanted.
Now that is a truly wonderful story, thanks for sharing. It's these little things that make life a wonderful thing 💕

A friend came over that had visited in a while. His first question was so when did we get turkeys. I replied we don't have any. He said we'll I saw one roosting on top of the four wheeler. I said you didn't see a turkey, you saw Big Boy, our naked neck rooster. Lol
Are they normally that size? I know Brahma get that large, but wow that is a big huge beast of a chicken :) He sure is a looker!

He has a lovely derriere :) and it's clean! My kiddos have been eating too much green grass shoots and cabbage lately and their butts are rediculously messy. Need to do some cleaning up tomorrow, of bums!

Oh no - poor wee lass, that is must be so hard for you, is there any pain meds one can give them to help them feel more comfortable? Like kids tylenol? :( I am thinking good thoughts here for you.

Now that is a truly wonderful story, thanks for sharing. It's these little things that make life a wonderful thing 💕

Are they normally that size? I know Brahma get that large, but wow that is a big huge beast of a chicken :) He sure is a looker!
He's about the size of a brahma we use to have. They're normally large. They were bred to be meat birds in Transylvania originally.

Unfortunately i don’t think there is. I will have to do some searching and see if i can find anything, though.

Last edited:
Fluff Butt Friday
Henny Penny fluffing her fluffy butt
6ED775EC-1040-4248-8901-27F5DB953013.jpeg

Mr P and his swanky fluffy butt
C188995D-D989-414F-90E0-29CB06DD27EC.jpeg

Misty and her fluffy pantaloons
34CD554F-DD4F-4289-80B9-8E30FE7228EF.jpeg

Rose with her jaunty feathered fluffy bits
43D44484-BC8B-440C-86F5-B7AEE595D4EB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom