Its a beautiful 78 degrees. My hubby collected about 50 eggs of course I found 3 more buried under the nest boxes. Fed the chook greens and corn and they are all healthy and happy. The boys are cocoricoing. :weeI sat out there for awhile and talked to them, forgot my camera. I feel pretty good today but it looks like my gallbladder is probably bad and I have to have it removed. :(
I had mine removed. Glad to see the back of it!
I had it done as an emergency during a major storm the hospital was working in generator power.
It was all high drama as the ambulance couldn’t find a road clear of fallen trees to get me to the hospital.
I remember a cop helping me climb over a fallen tree while I was in agony. And I remember being wheeled into a linen closet and pumped full of drugs. The hospital was like a war zone because all other hospitals had closed and shipped their patients there so I am guessing the linen closet was the only space.
I remember the nice clean white linen neatly stacked on shelves and being afraid I would be forgotten about in there.
That is all I remember!

The wind has been crazy here! We have been without power for a large portion of the day, it finally came back on this evening.

I checked on the pullets several times but they seem unaffected and determined to stay out in the run. Never so grateful the run is bordered by the coop on side a large hill at the back and a pole barn on the opposite side of the coop. So the run is fairly well protected from the worst of the winds.

My plan had been to let the girls put to roam some today and get some new pics but I decided against that with all the tree limbs falling due to the winds. Perhaps tomorrow Ill get a chance. Till then here is a few pics from last week.

Flour giving me the would stop taking pics of me look.

C1F861C5-E9E0-4A11-9009-4B6C902F306A.jpeg

Brownie pecking about
1CEA1866-AACF-443F-B09D-F2D306C63401.jpeg

What are you two doing you should looking for worms and bugs not dilly dallying!!
FEB14FA9-4AEA-44AA-B2D5-8ADACF55A045.jpeg

Last edited:
I had it done as an emergency during a major storm the hospital was working in generator power.
It was all high drama as the ambulance couldn’t find a road clear of fallen trees to get me to the hospital.
I remember a cop helping me climb over a fallen tree while I was in agony. And I remember being wheeled into a linen closet and pumped full of drugs. The hospital was like a war zone because all other hospitals had closed and shipped their patients there so I am guessing the linen closet was the only space.
I remember the nice clean white linen neatly stacked on shelves and being afraid I would be forgotten about in there.
That is all I remember!
That is truly unsettling. I'm so glad it worked out well. :hugs

The wind has been crazy here! We have been without power for a large portion of the day, it finally came back on this evening.

I checked on the pullets several times but they seem unaffected and determined to stay out in the run. Never so grateful the run is bordered by the coop on side a large hill at the back and a pole barn on the opposite side of the coop. So the run is fairly well protected from the worst of the winds.

My plan had been to let the girls put to roam some today and get some new pics but I decided against that with all the tree limbs falling due to the winds. Perhaps tomorrow Ill get a chance. Till then here is a few pics from last week.

Flour giving me the would stop taking pics of me look.

View attachment 3452347
Brownie pecking about
View attachment 3452350
What are you two doing you should looking for worms and bugs not dilly dallying!!
View attachment 3452349
Beauties all, and the kids look like they are having fun 😁🥰

That is all I remember!
The laugh is for the linen closet - it was going to be a heart but the closet won.

Here is the ♥️ I would have given🥰

Glad everything turned out fine.

Today was the first sunny day since the chicks hatched and we took that opportunity to let the chicks lick some sunshine.
They now have names, the grayer one is kris and the more yellow one is mars. Mars has a bigger top on its head than kris so that’s also how you can tell them apart😊
Kris really loves to sand bathe on blankets so that pretty much all he did to today.
Mars just likes to take a little nap in the sun, she hasn’t quite figured out the key to sand bathing😊🤩

Attachments

• 69373E4E-98E1-4B54-91D0-DC87E279B771.jpeg
    69373E4E-98E1-4B54-91D0-DC87E279B771.jpeg
    441.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 9531E6AE-E568-47B1-902E-4B4824460453.jpeg
    9531E6AE-E568-47B1-902E-4B4824460453.jpeg
    641.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 9D6BCFA9-E04A-44C3-BDAE-386B7CF510C3.jpeg
    9D6BCFA9-E04A-44C3-BDAE-386B7CF510C3.jpeg
    725.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 9923D491-2500-4B0E-88F0-64437A9DC978.jpeg
    9923D491-2500-4B0E-88F0-64437A9DC978.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 1
Today was the first sunny day since the chicks hatched and we took that opportunity to let the chicks lick some sunshine.
They now have names, the grayer one is kris and the more yellow one is mars. Mars has a bigger top on its head than kris so that’s also how you can tell them apart😊
Kris really loves to sand bathe on blankets so that pretty much all he did to today.
Mars just likes to take a little nap in the sun, she hasn’t quite figured out the key to sand bathing😊🤩
Awwwww 😊 thanks for sharing! Everyone here loves babies, they are just adorable!

So to refresh my memory, they are an Auracana X Olive Egger correct? I love their topknots have not seen that before on Olive Eggers, is it a signature of the Auracana?

So to refresh my memory, they are an Auracana X Olive Egger correct? I love their topknots have not seen that before on Olive Eggers, is it a signature of the Auracana?
Correct,I know that some English araucanas have the little top on their head.
my hen Who is 50% araucana/ english araucana i dont know wich one of them she is, but she has a pretty big top on her head, so that’s where they got it from but no not all araucana breeds have the little top on their head😊

Back
Top Bottom