I just had a stamped here of chicks - I clicked on the video and the music started playing and they all bolted hahahahaha.

Guess I haven't been singing and playing music as much (at all) as I have been doing all the chores needing doing!
Threw on some belly dance music - shake your booties girls 😊
Ooops one slid off! You ok little buddy?!
image.jpg

Do chickens even get fleas?

Someone more knowledgeable than I will need. To answer this 👍
These blighters turned out to be black gnats . Horrible things that suck blood

My poor girls got covered in all sorts because I thought they were fleas. In the end I used fractured coconut oil 45 mil too neem oil being 5mil, then several drops of lavender oil in a spray bottle
I applied this the same as people would permethrin, just under their wings vent and the top of the neck. I hope this works. These gnats are vile

These blighters turned out to be black gnats . Horrible things that suck blood

My poor girls got covered in all sorts because I thought they were fleas. In the end I used fractured coconut oil 45 mil too neem oil being 5mil, then several drops of lavender oil in a spray bottle
I applied this the same as people would permethrin, just under their wings vent and the top of the neck. I hope this works. These gnats are vile
Black flies here are evil, the chickens have been chased inside by them a couple times now. This heat will get rid of the black flies but now the mosquitoes are coming on strong.

Hopefully this dry weather will keep them under control. Last year the chickens just stayed inside in the late afternoon when the mosquitoes got bad (not to mention the horses also!).

There is something rather ‘Jurassic Park’ like seeing a mosquito on the chickens head, and then thinking that mosquito would get smothered in pine sap and become Amber 😆

Colonoscopy tomorrow, 2nd one in a year. Looking for colitis and other junk that hurts my stomach and bowels. Have to drink clear liquids and that nasty stuff tonight and in the morning.
I swear one of my hens is honking lol.
Abigail honks all day.
Umm, if I am remembering right, sugar free gummy bears are a better way than the yucky stuff.

Back
Top Bottom