I am still using YouTube as I couldn’t find anything fast enough and easy enough for me to do in a hurry.

Let me know if you need assistance.

Well the chooks are a fan of Dropkick Murphy - Rose Tattoo 😆 who knew chickens liked punk rock! Or maybe that look is asking me why? Why? Why? Are you belting out that racket!

My little punk rock dude 💕

View attachment 3522248

I think it’s a great tune 😊 and it’s Irish what’s not to love ❤️
I think I need step by step instructions on how to post a video...
I've tried millions of times and I've never figured it out.

I'm going to be spending 9 hours in the air tomorrow on my way to Alaska.
Already been driving for about 6 hours...
Just got to my hotel!
I think I may sleep until I need to get up 🙄
I slept in the car and I had a dream about Bolt being huge and stepping on me as payback for all the times I stepped on her...
What is up with me??
I'm sick with Strep and it's getting to my head!

Take a good book and some music as well. Always works. If you don't have a book stop and buy one or get an ebook.
I'm just going to watch Pirates of the Caribbean movies over and over like I have been doing for the past four weeks.
I don't have any books because I have read all the books at my house. I may look for an online book though.
Thanks for the suggestions! 😊

I just re-read the label and instructions.
@knoturavggrl - as you and @GregnLety both said, it is a repellent not a kill on contact thing. Which is a shame and also odd because permethrin is what we use to kill mites on our chickens.
However I was correct - it lasts 40 days or five washes.
I think my issue is I ‘lightly sprayed’ - I think I need to drench!

Tax:

View attachment 3520626
I suspect it kills on contact when WET, since we spray it on chickens and the coop/surroundings. I also suspect if you use the dust/powder form in the coop, the little buggers walk on it and it gets on their feet. If they are anything like rats, cats, and dogs, they groom themselves and then ingest the powder. The dried spray doesn't really allow for either 'absorption' route.

wdyt? This is just a hypothesis I came up with when this was last brought up about having one walking on your clothes. I have no real way to test this hypothesis, nor do I really want to do a controlled experiment with mites (nor ticks!) to verify if they clean their tootsies and ingest the chemical that way when it is in powdered form!

Last edited:
I suspect it kills on contact when WET, since we spray it on chickens and the coop/surroundings. I also suspect if you use the dust/powder form in the coop, the little buggers walk on it and it gets on their feet. If they are anything like rats, cats, and dogs, they groom themselves and then ingest the powder. The dried spray doesn't really allow for either 'absorption' root.

wdyt? This is just a hypothesis I came up with when this was last brought up about having one walking on your clothes. I have no real way to test this hypothesis, nor do I really want to do a controlled experiment with mites (nor ticks!) to verify if they clean their tootsies and ingest the chemical that way when it is in powdered form!
Like I said, just get guineas 😁😁😁😍

@RoyalChick @Ponypoor , can you see this video?

Viola is doing better, but she still has never scratched in the bedding. She has not been biting her left foot today which is an improvement.

I can see the video just fine.
She looks like she is coping just fine. The only leg issue I am really the go-to person for is curly toe paralysis (which can be a vitamin B2 deficiency). She definitely does not have that.
She seems quite feisty and seems to have at least her fair share of egg which is a good sign for sure.

Back
Top Bottom