Granted Ezzie was about 2 weeks older in this picture, you can see his red and orange were brighter and more vibrant.
dscn7283-jpg.3522524
How old is he there?

I was able to get the blood drops for the gender test for the silkies here, but I suspect that the white and grey with white cap are boys, and the all grey is a filly.

I am going by posture and attitude. But I am 100 percent certain that they are chickens!

Last edited:
We had ordered a Welsummer and the hatchery random chicken. It was either a Welsummer or a Blue Orpington. I ended up with Abigail the Speckled Sussex even though I wanted a Welsummer. I ended up really loving little Abigail, who is now this 5 pound bird who thinks she is a pigeon 🙄.
She is lovely 💕

Baby mugs 😍

Hi, I am new here! My name is Chukki and my human says that I am the friendliest chick she has met in her whole entire life!
View attachment 3521966

My name is Beatrice and I have very fuzzy legs. Actually I am fuzzy all over!
View attachment 3521967

I am Regan. When our human gave us hard boiled egg for the first time, it was NEW! Even though it was NEW, I was brave and tried it first. It was SO GOOD that I had to run all over the place to make sure no one got mine! It was SO FUN!!
View attachment 3521976

I am Cordelia. I keep trying to have a bath on a towel. I don't know why when I do that my human puts me in a bowl of dirt. :confused:
View attachment 3521988

I am Viola. I am tiny and have had some health problems, but I am hanging in there! When I wasn't feeling well, I spent most of my time resting on my toy poodle.
View attachment 3521983

I am Goneril and my human says that I am "energetic" and "spicy." At first, I bit Viola's sore foot but my human said, "No, Goneril!" and she pecked me on my back! I don't do that anymore 😇.
View attachment 3521987
Hello little ones!! They are beautiful and what wonderful photos of them all ❤️
I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I’m feeling great, and the eyesight has improved since the surgery. Wow, I can see for miles away, and I’m going to test my eyesight today. 🛩️ Paul will be watching over my home while I’m out. Destination, Orange County Airport. California ( not far away )
:thumbsup
So glad to hear the the eye surgery went well. Have fun up in the air!
I have no idea where in Ohio you live, but I think the kinds of stores you are checking out are the wrong ones!
Try this
or This
@BY Bob clued me into AirGas (an another company - don't remember the name atm). I get it somewhere else locally, but when I put in the airgas name + dry ice, trusty old eaves-dropping google suggested others!
I live in a very tiny town called Lucasville. I dod try Airgas but the store doesn’t have it in Chillicothe which is still an hr away but I woulda drove that far. Only in Columbus do they have it. Thank you so much for looking those up for me.
Here is another. It's sold in grocery stores.

https://penguindryice.com/where-to-buy-dry-ice/
None of our grocery stores here carry it any longer. I did call penguin lovely customer service agent, very kind and he tried to help but again Columbus was the closest place and its about 2 - 2.5 hrs away. Perhaps it just doesn’t sell here very well idk 🤷‍♀️. The closest I got was Kroger who said yes (I got excited) we used carry it but haven’t for years now. :( Thank you for the recommendations and advice. I am sure it would have helped if I could have gotten it. I will do an update on the rat wars soon.

No, we have not.
Oh dear 😳 so did you go check for kittens? She will need extra feed and water if she indeed has had kittens. Let us know, all babies welcome here 😊

Cats are able to have litters as early as 5 months as far as l know, best to get them spayed by 5 months, I waited till 6 months as Missy was indoors being winter.

Tax
I fell Penne is a girl
77AF7E45-59A5-453B-A7A1-285808791D5E.jpeg

Hello little ones!! They are beautiful and what wonderful photos of them all ❤️

So glad to hear the the eye surgery went well. Have fun up in the air!

I live in a very tiny town called Lucasville. I dod try Airgas but the store doesn’t have it in Chillicothe which is still an hr away but I woulda drove that far. Only in Columbus do they have it. Thank you so much for looking those up for me.

None of our grocery stores here carry it any longer. I did call penguin lovely customer service agent, very kind and he tried to help but again Columbus was the closest place and its about 2 - 2.5 hrs away. Perhaps it just doesn’t sell here very well idk 🤷‍♀️. The closest I got was Kroger who said yes (I got excited) we used carry it but haven’t for years now. :( Thank you for the recommendations and advice. I am sure it would have helped if I could have gotten it. I will do an update on the rat wars soon.
I know where Chillicothe is and how to pronounce it 😁

Silly me tax
656DC345-F23A-4D4A-BFEB-0295365B5445.jpeg

Fixing Computers Has Never Been So Fun.
This is my Dad's almost 15 year old laptop, which is older than me by a month (sigh).
He needed to upgrade the operating system, but the thing barely had any storage left. So he got a new drive. Opening the thing up, it was dusty in there. At least ten years worth of dust. My eyes almost popped out of my head.
20230529_142402.jpg

After that long and satisfying process called cleaning the insides of a laptop and replacing the hard drive, I installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu Unity on it.
My Dad does not care much for the default wallpapers. So I put my own there. I can't wait to see what his reaction is. I have done this to one of his phones.
20230529_184127.jpg
20230529_184857.jpg

I have so much fun doing this. Chickens make the best wallpapers.

Attachments

• 20230529_184127.jpg
    20230529_184127.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 0
I hope she gets better. Chicks are so cute and lively but so tiny and fragile 😔.

I totally understand- I have so many issues in my flock now that sometimes it feels painful to talk about them. I'm sorry if I was intrusive. I hope you can find it in you to still enjoy the healthy chicks even while worrying for that tiny one.
It is funny how one distressed ill chicken can make you not want to discuss them. When Gucci was sick I did not want to log on here and share another failure to save a soul in my charge. It's very hard to be that open and vulnerable. There is no time to experience the joy in the others as the sick one takes all your attention.

I totally understand and respect where Lexicon is at right now. These are for you @Lexicon :hugs :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom