So I was looking at my chooks last night and seeing if that rat was in there . There were 3! OMG so we are cleaning out the coop and putting hardware wire down around the coop so the rats cant dig back in We are getting an electronic mouse zapper out there too. I cant put the silkie babies out there with rats on the coop floor Im afraid the might get hurt or killed. Anyway there will be no rats and mice after this weekend! LIttle F'ers!

What is that??

Well I went and placed the fan up in the Hen House on a ledge to be safe from chooks, seems everyone, except Blanche, is very suspicious of it!

If you want to get chooks to sit at a different location just install a new fan!
It’s still over 80F in the hen house 😟 still 81F outside (27C), and now the humidity is building.

Poor kiddos are so warm, tomorrow I am going to finish the Summer House for them, get them all roosting in there at night. More space for them to spread out, and I can put the real big fan in there!

The Tweens are roosting on the lower step of the stairs it’s too warm in the nest box, mamas and babies should be ok they can dig down to the bricks and cool if they wish.

I also have a fan on the school chicks in my office which is very warm.

And of course the horses have their fans, and I even left Truly’s stall door open with just the stall guard in place for more air circulation.

It’s too hot too fast 😟 I love the heat but it’s too hard on the animals this rapid change.

1B6A3D4E-5E59-4288-905F-D39E9CABF7CC.png

Thirsty Thursday
Piglet and Sylvie drinking big Princess water - they look so tiny!
Guess I can remove the waterer from their brooder box.

View attachment 3525250
I know isn’t it hilarious to see them acting like adults, look like adults until one of the ‘grups’ stands next to them 😁

Back
Top Bottom