Tiger chicken?! :lau :gig :lau :love :ya :love :gig Trust a 5 year old to come up with something like that! Mazzie will quickly become another Branch: re house chicken and truly be a spoiled pet!
If I did not have faith that Mazzie would end up a spoiled pet I would not have let her go. That and the assurance male or female Mazzie would stay. I know silkies make wonderful pets and can be great with small children. If Mazzie ends up being a boy there is already another well behaved rooster he can learn from and they have rooster experience. All that being said, I let Mazzie go, I just guaranteed them now she is in fact a she knowing my luck. I also warned them not to come banging at my door in a years time. They were complaining in over 2 years none of their hens have went broody. They want a broody hen. This time next year they may be changing their tune with chicks from my lot. They now have a pure silkie, a silkie x marans and marans mix that is 1/4 silkie. You want broody hens, you are going to get at least 1 broody hen.

Wow they are growing in leaps and bounds! Have you had them outside yet?
Yes, they have had two excursions outside so far. I had them in a play tent with a zip out floor, so they could eat grass and be on the ground. They have done well.

Myrna was alarmed by them and some of the other hens noticed them, but made no comment.

I am a bit nervous about letting them go free as it's hard enough to catch them in their 25 square foot coop!

Morning Visitor

Everyone had a blast running around this morning, and we even had an eggciting visitor!

Even the 3 week old kiddies got in on the action.

I finally dragged everyone away from the wee visitor and left her to sunbathe in peace
And if one of those showed up in our backyard the humans would run around scared, trying to figure out what to do.

Yes, they have had two excursions outside so far. I had them in a play tent with a zip out floor, so they could eat grass and be on the ground. They have done well.

Myrna was alarmed by them and some of the other hens noticed them, but made no comment.

I am a bit nervous about letting them go free as it's hard enough to catch them in their 25 square foot coop!
The old saying: If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, you are loved by it. (That’s why homing pigeons are a great idea!) :gig

Jaffar, he cocorico! I guess he just wants to be outside with his ladies :confused:
I brought him inside to cool 😎 him off.
Mine bring themselves inside to cool themselves off.
20230601_142338.jpg

I gave up any notion of catching mine. Sometimes I can herd them. Mostly I rely on the fact that they go back in at the end of the day.
I don’t know how much I owe that to Eli. Probably quite a lot.

Back
Top Bottom