“It’s gonna flash, I know it!” image.jpg

It is time to introduce my grandma's favorite chick of the current group of littles. I had this one sold yesterday but she cried over it and me and my cousin both backed out. The day it hatched she named it Buster Brown or Mrs. Brown if it is hopefully a pullet. It is one of Holly's. I am leery of it, it is huge compared to it's siblings and has been since day 1. That really is not saying much though as it is the only one I am confident of that group that Twig did not father. It will be 5 weeks old Sunday so it is still a bit early if it is a late blooming boy. I have had those, not fun but right now I am cautiously thinking girl, maybe.
Opinions everyone?
DSCN1456.JPG
DSCN1449.JPG

It is time to introduce my grandma's favorite chick of the current group of littles. I had this one sold yesterday but she cried over it and me and my cousin both backed out. The day it hatched she named it Buster Brown or Mrs. Brown if it is hopefully a pullet. It is one of Holly's. I am leery of it, it is huge compared to it's siblings and has been since day 1. That really is not saying much though as it is the only one I am confident of that group that Twig did not father. It will be 5 weeks old Sunday so it is still a bit early if it is a late blooming boy. I have had those, not fun but right now I am cautiously thinking girl, maybe.
Opinions everyone?
View attachment 3527135View attachment 3527137
So far, yes. The red around the shoulders....ehh, maybe, but it travels up and covers the head pretty smoothly, so ehhh, maybe not. the black one in the middle, definitely roo. The 2 to the left of it...possibly roo. The 2 to the right looking good for pullets.

So far, yes. The red around the shoulders....ehh, maybe, but it travels up and covers the head pretty smoothly, so ehhh, maybe not. the black one in the middle, definitely roo. The 2 to the left of it...possibly roo. The 2 to the right looking good for pullets.
That roo is actually the blue chick. Of course it is a boy, it is blue. 2 blue chicks hatched, both boys.

Back
Top Bottom