I’m surviving. Little bit better today but still feeling a cramp. Hen-Rietta is outside being a chicken. I think she likes being with her friends
Apologies if it has been said before. If you have calcium pills I would pop one in her. At best it can help her expel what's left of the egg, and at worse it won't harm her. I'm hoping for a good outcome, I know you are very attached to her đź’š.

Apologies if it has been said before. If you have calcium pills I would pop one in her. At best it can help her expel what's left of the egg, and at worse it won't harm her. I'm hoping for a good outcome, I know you are very attached to her đź’š.
What dosage strength do you use For the calcium pill?

So I lucked out and found a feed store with chicks. Made a quick trip there as Raven was about ready to leave the nest box and any chance of her adopting more chicks was running out. She has had them for 2 hours, I'm cautious but think she is going to take them. There have been a few pecks but not aggressive. She is encouraging them under her. She did this when she adopted the single chick last year and Chiquita did the same with the Marshmallows. I will feel better though tomorrow morning. It just so happens that today is 2 for Tuesday, how convenient.
First the 4 she hatched out.
2 blondes
DSCN1515.JPG

2 uncooperative black chicks.
DSCN1510.JPG

Now for her adoptive chicks
2 Wyandottes, gold and silver laced
DSCN1504.JPG

2 speckled sussex, most excited about these 2.
DSCN1501.JPG

2 Barred Rocks...alex they are probably fake, makes them even more special.
DSCN1497.JPG
DSCN1498.JPG

2 Americaunas or easter eggers. Yup, I have went to the dark side. Aurora would be proud.
DSCN1495.JPG

So I lucked out and found a feed store with chicks. Made a quick trip there as Raven was about ready to leave the nest box and any chance of her adopting more chicks was running out. She has had them for 2 hours, I'm cautious but think she is going to take them. There have been a few pecks but not aggressive. She is encouraging them under her. She did this when she adopted the single chick last year and Chiquita did the same with the Marshmallows. I will feel better though tomorrow morning. It just so happens that today is 2 for Tuesday, how convenient.
First the 4 she hatched out.
2 blondes
View attachment 3531346
2 uncooperative black chicks.
View attachment 3531348
Now for her adoptive chicks
2 Wyandottes, gold and silver laced
View attachment 3531349
2 speckled sussex, most excited about these 2.
View attachment 3531350
2 Barred Rocks...alex they are probably fake, makes them even more special.
View attachment 3531351View attachment 3531352
2 Americaunas or easter eggers. Yup, I have went to the dark side. Aurora would be proud.
View attachment 3531353
You will love the Speckled Sussex. Abigail would have made a comment, but she is too busy hatching wooden eggs.

Really wanted a roo though!

Just as well if I am keeping Rico. The three silkie chicks belong to my friend so any hens would go back to her, minus the Roo I would keep.

So guess just as well they go back to her.
Ohhh I got that all wrong :( well darn. I am sorry, I do remember reading that back when you first got them.
How is it if you want Roos you seem to get none but if you want no Roos you end up with a bunch?

Back
Top Bottom