No Run for These Chickies!
The wind totally trashed it. We are now having a nice thunderstorm. They still have a small yard to roam in along with the big coop.

20230606_175326.jpg

The crests on those babies will be so nice: small enough to not block eyes, big enough to be fun!
Yep they will be funky. For a while anyways till freezer camp.

You're the customer. I think I drove them nuts when I picked Hector as I wanted a roo in a straight run so sat and watched for a while. Picking out that exact baby in a lot of about 30 black chicks is challenging.

Just had the in-laws stop to visit. MIL and I went out to the coops so she could see my babies. Hector came out and I pointed him out as the father of her black featherfoot. That little baby is going to be a BIG chicken. Her order of meat bird chicks arrived later the same week. The freebie looks like a buff Brahma. She's going to have a pair of LARGE featherfooted beauties. She's delighted.
Awwww so glad she is getting lovely Brahma with fuzzy feet ❤️

The little red faced black chick has all black feet so definitely marans x silkie with the black skin. Do the 1/4 silkies keep the black skin or is that hit or miss? The EE pic has the gold on the left and silver on the right. The down color difference will get easy to see soon, probably with the wing feathers. The Rock pics, first one, I saw the glow of the head spot and the stance and thought "uh-oh". Then saw the second with the tiny spots. Unless they're only half barred rock (unlikely but possible), headspot says both pullets. Going to be fun watching them all grow up.
The silkie crosses are about 60% hatching out with black skin. I'm glad you think the head spots on the 2 barred rocks indicate pullets. The first 3 that were grabbed up had nickel sized head spots.

She actually came out from under the porch and drank some water. I will catch her when she comes back to the coop, and feed her (with fishmox) secret ingredient. And I made stir fry for dinner. She’ll get some of that tonight.
I’m a nervous wreck about that chook! :barnie
Did you give her some calcium as Manue and RC suggested ? It can’t hurt…

How is your neck and shoulder?

made no difference in her mood. She won’t eat. She’s out with the rest of the birds, but she’s going slowly and showing no interest in anything.
She’s fast enough that I can’t catch her and bring her back inside with me. (But I’m slow lately too !)
In reality, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the beginning of the end for the beautiful Hen-Rietta. :(
:hugs:hugs:hugs
I am quite sure she knows how much you love her. I'm thinking good thoughts for both of you. She is a very long lived girl for a production breed - but I hope she has some more life in her so you can continue to enjoy each other's company.

Back
Top Bottom