I found her. She was under the porch. (No Chooks sleeping under the porch allowed) so I brought her back inside. She’s weak now but I feel the same way.
I really shouldn’t get too attached to these animals, but I am. I’m gonna have to look into getting some therapy for this obsession. (Jaffar is a good therapist, but he’s also part of my problem!)
“Who could refrain, That had a heart to love, and in that heart Courage to make's love known?”

(Shakespeare: Macbeth)

Now give us a quote about chickens from your seemingly endless Shakespeare quote collection please 🙃
Hmmmm let’s see, how about Romeo and Juliette?

“Come, stir, stir, stir! The second cock hath crowed,
The curfew-bell hath rung; 'tis three o'clock”

(Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliette)

- must be related to Mr P crowing at 3am!

Boohoo three pullets! I still can’t get over that, so there will be no wee Shakespeare, but Mr Rico can stay and be a second in command with Mr P.

I have decided not to set chicks with Sophia, the amt of drama with the broodies is very time consuming. There is always next year for me to get more Bielefelders and Brahma which I will hand raise.

Branch update. He is a little sore this morning. He has a limp. Not a bad one, and not every step like he had yesterday evening but it is still there. Branch was scared last night. He has not slept in the coop in over a year. He has a spot on the big roost between 2 of his favorite hens. Last night at roosting time Twig was in that spot and Branch was in the coop. I had to catch Twig anyway since he is leaving this morning so I got him off the roost and put him in a dog kennel with food and water. I then went and got Branch and put him back in his rightful place between his girls. This situation is upsetting but it is something that I have to keep in mind that could happen with keeping multiple boys. Twig is a year old now, he had gotten over his fear of Branch and Bubba and has decided he was not happy being 3rd in the rooster pecking order. He is still not people aggressive so that is why I listed him for sale instead of humanely euthanizing him. If he had killed Branch, well, I may not be able to say that.

Pollen is bad today, my pond is covered in it.View attachment 3533113
Exactly what my dugout looks like
And part of the trail I drive my quad on when I have free time. When I drive the pollen gets kicked up and looks like a trail following me. Very cool, I don't have any allergies to pollen, so teeheehee I don't have to suffer!

I found her. She was under the porch. (No Chooks sleeping under the porch allowed) so I brought her back inside. She’s weak now but I feel the same way.
I really shouldn’t get too attached to these animals, but I am. I’m gonna have to look into getting some therapy for this obsession. (Jaffar is a good therapist, but he’s also part of my problem!)
There is such thing as cock therapists. I didn't have anywhere to stick my first chick, Robin, and he was a cock. I stuck him with a rabbit called Heros (who by now is in stomach camp).
Heros was inbred, which means they are bred sister with brother, and son with mother, daughter with father. The result is a very weak rabbit, with weak organs, and extremely skittish. Robin fixed the skittish part. Robin, master psychologist.

Hmmmm let’s see, how about Romeo and Juliette?

“Come, stir, stir, stir! The second cock hath crowed,
The curfew-bell hath rung; 'tis three o'clock”

(Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliette)

- must be related to Mr P crowing at 3am!
How do you remember...? I cannot remember Shakespeare but I can remember alllll the rabbits' and chickens' and cats' names... dang

Back
Top Bottom