I want to break free…..

Everyone out and about this morning, the Silkie chicks are getting really bold now.

It is so crazy all 3 silkies are girls. If you look at the beginning of their top knots they scream male. It is those perfect little round cotton ball tails that say they are indeed girls. Guess who had a round cotton ball tail......Mazzie or "Tiger Chicken". Selling her will haunt me I know it even if she is a spoiled child's pet.

It is so crazy all 3 silkies are girls. If you look at the beginning of their top knots they scream male. It is those perfect little round cotton ball tails that say they are indeed girls. Guess who had a round cotton ball tail......Mazzie or "Tiger Chicken". Selling her will haunt me I know it even if she is a spoiled child's pet.
Awww - yes I hear you, but Ms Tiger Chicken will be laying eggs, and if they can be talked into getting a Silkie Roo, then you can aske for some eggs and get Baby Tigers :)

I love that wee white one (and so does my mum) but they are not mine boohoo, and really I am strapped for space with the school chicks, I removed the Ad, I will keep the chicks till the 2 pullets are at POL and then make a decision to sell them or not.

I planned for 15 and with the Tweens that will bring me to 16 with Rico. The Hen House will be bursting at the seems for winter overnight roosting. Oh I have the room to expand here easily, the Summer House at 10'x20' would easily hold a crap load of nighttime roosting chooks.

But it isn't insulated and I think my flock would be stressed if I split them up, and the Silkies really do need the warmer housing than the larger chooks. And while the barn is very sheltered if it gets to -30C outside, it is easy -20C inside; and at that temperature everyone feels the cold.

She acts like she’s giving up on living. :idunno I’m ready for that too. She has lived a long happy life with me.
Don’t get me wrong, I know not “The way of the Chicken”. Because one minute she’s going downhill and the next, she’s running uphill! She’s out in the yard with all the rest at the moment. :th

I suspect "Tiger Chicken" will be "Daniel Tiger" regardless of gender. Will your cousin send you pics? Or can you go see (and bring back "Tiger Chicken's" eggs to incubate)?

Back
Top Bottom