The new chicks I bought were given names since they are supposed to be all girls and are intended to be keepers. Their 4 siblings who Raven hatched were claimed the day they were born and will recieve their names once they go home in 4 or 5 weeks. I am using the pictures I took of them Tuesday to officially introduce them to you.

Grandma's Barred Rocks so she got to name them. She chose Trudy and Judy. I love the name Judy. I am sure one day one of those two will go broody and I can have a broody Judy.
View attachment 3535380
The speckled sussex's are Spot and Dot or Dottie since they will one day be spotted and dotted.
View attachment 3535381
Now when the other names were chosen I had only lost the silver EE so I was reusing the name Frick and Frack for the 2 wyandottes. I used it before for a pair and both turned out to be boys. The lone EE I decided would be Sally. Well, you all know what happened. I am now left with a gold EE and a Gold Laced Wyandotte. I really want a Frick and Frack so I am thinking I will still use it for those 2. They are a pair of gold based chicks after all.
Frick will be my floofy faced EE, her cheeks have gotten poofier if possible in 2 days. She must be finding spicy food somewhere. She is bold, courageous and given every chance will hop into my hand and then sit on my shoulder snuggled up to my neck. Yes I said before I already have a favorite and it is her based on personality alone.
View attachment 3535395
Frack will be the little gold wyandotte. She is also bold and curious but with her surroundings and not me.
View attachment 3535399
Rest in peace my 2 silver beauties, you time here was short but you were loved.
I am so sorry about your loss of the silver ones. I am going to try and catch up to find out how this wonderfulness occurred but congratulations on the others. An assortment as well. Great fun ahead for you. :wee :wee

These are for @RebeccaBoyd who nudged me into the dark side.

This is not just a bit of ‘peach fuzz’ there are fully formed feathers on her legs!
:th
Do I need to do anything to care for them? Do they need trimming, combing, washing?
Maybe I should tie ribbons and bells to them!
I am not sure I was ready for this stage in my chicken journey!

View attachment 3535448View attachment 3535449View attachment 3535450
To add to what Rebecca said, Henny Penny has awesome feathered legs and feet and knock on wood no issues, she gets them all muddy and then they dry out and are nice and clean and tidy.

image.jpg

Its hard to laugh at this but it is funny. I could climb up there easily tho... I am STILL climbing trees, but not very high, and I always feel like I am falling off.
The worrisome part about the climbing is those are about 100lb hay bales. Falling does not scare me. Falling and having one of those bales land on top of me, that scares me.

Back
Top Bottom